Best Wagon For Kids Reviewed
A child without a kids wagon is like a baseball player, without a baseball. Wagons are just an essential part of the childhood experience.
Our kids love a good wagon ride while playing in the summer sun, and I would not be surprised in the least to find that your kids do as well. In fact, I bet you would have a difficult time finding any child that does not like wagon rides.
That’s why Mommy On Demand brings you our take on the best wagon for kids.
Today’s top kids wagons have a lot of features that can really cater to your family’s particular needs. We reviewed a variety of kids wagons that really cater to common uses, such as a good beach wagon, a wagon for babies, as well as the top wagon with a canopy.
Which wagon suits you and your family best is going to depend on how you want to use it. Our kids love to use their wagon, so we want to help you find a wagon for your littles too.
With that said, you should really read through some of the features to consider below. I think they will really help your decision making process and help you to find a wagon that your kids will love for years to come. I also included a quick comparison chart for those in a hurry.
Top Wagons For Kids Features
- Seating – The best wagons for kids might offer seating, or might offer an open space with no seats at all. It really depends on what your kids will enjoy in a variety of situations. If you want seats, then comfortable seating is important for obvious reasons. Depending on the age of your kids, being able to buckle-in your kids will let you keep them safe and secure. Some kids wagon models also feature removable seats, so you can have the best of both worlds.
- Drink Holders – When you are out in the sun, or on the beach, drink holders are a helpful addition to the equation. Keeping drinks accessible to your kids is important in order to avoid dehydration in hot weather. Drink holders can also help to keep your kids cups clean, and up off the ground. After all, keeping leaky drinking cups in a storage bag is less than ideal.
- Smooth Ride – Quality stroller wagons are going to feature smooth tires, suspension systems, and easy pivoting wheels so you can turn and maneuver in any direction you might need.
- Collapsible – If you want to take your family on an adventure, a folding kids wagon is essential for easy packing into your vehicle. When you consider all the other accessories that you are likely to pack for a road trip, the best folding kids wagons will take up little space and be easy to open and close.
- Sun Protection – Sun protection is important and shielding your child’s skin from bright UV sunlight is another important feature that the top kids wagon might offer. If you are at the beach, a lot of sunblock and a big beach umbrella are probably more appropriate. But when you are out for a long walk at the fair, or at the park, a quality kids wagon with a canopy overhead can help prevent sunburn, and even provide a cozy sanctuary for a mid-day nap.
Top Kids Wagons Comparison Chart
Best Wagon For Kids
1. Top Kids Wagon – Radio Flyer Deluxe Family Wagon
When it comes to wagons, there is one name that most people turn to; that name is of course Radio Flyer. Radio Flyer has been around for over 100 years and has made its name not only with its reputation but unbelievably in Hollywood too.
Today we are going to be looking at the deluxe family wagon, which seems to be one of the flagship products for the company at the moment. The deluxe family wagon comes flat packed, accompanied by a simple instruction booklet to help out with assembly.
The family wagon is reasonably easy to assemble and takes around 30 minutes. The Radio Flyer deluxe family wagon weighs in at approximately 32 pounds, and it feels nice and sturdy once assembled. One of the beauties of this family wagon is its two fold-down seats.
The family wagon, like all Radio Flyer wagons this one also has an extra-long pulley which neatly folds under the base of the wagon for tidy storage. Radio Flyer takes so much on board when creating these little wagons; it even has four drink holders for the little ones and the parents.
The family wagon, of course, comes with the safety features you would expect, such as seat belts and a durable front axle which results in a non-tip turning system. The Radio Flyer also comes equipped with Dura-Tred tires. These tires make the ride as smooth and comfortable as possible for your little passengers.
The Radio Flyer is suited for little ones aged 18 months to 5 years and also comes with a UV protection canopy to keep your nippers out of the dangers presented by the sun. When it comes to a wagon for your young one, Radio Flyer is certainly a known and trusted name, so if you are looking for something durable, comfortable and with a strong reputation, this could be it.
Here is a good video displaying the features of the Radio Flyer Deluxe Family Wagon:
- All-terrain air tires for a smooth ride
- 5 seating and storage options-seating for two, flatbed, covered storage & ride, activity surface, xl storage & ride
- Removable UV protection canopy. Handle folds over for easy storage
- Seatbelts for added safety; weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
- 4 Child and adult cup holders for easy access to drinks and snacks.Durable fabric that wipes clean
2. Best Wagon With Canopy – Creative Outdoor Distributor Push Pull Wagon
The Creative push-pull wagon has undoubtedly seen a rise in popularity over the last few years, and it’s not difficult to see why. Unlike the Radio Flyer, the Creative is one of the foldable options on the list, and for many, this is a great selling point.
The first thing we notice with the Creative is the way it looks, while some wagons are guilty of looking plastic and cheap, the Creative is not. The Creative looks stylish and classy. You can tell by looking at the Creative wagon that its a well made wagon.
This wagon not only looks sturdy; it truly is. The maximum carrying weight of the Creative wagon is 150 lbs. That’s astonishing when we realize it’s the weight of a fully grown man. The great thing about having a wagon that can take this much weight is the opportunities it presents.
The Creative wagon is fantastic should you need to do a little grocery shop with the young one in toe. You can fit your groceries and the child in comfortably, with room to spare.
The only issue of note is the weight of this wagon. You should expect the extra weight with a build of this quality though. Everything else that can be said about this stroller is more than positive. There is no assembly required; it folds up and opens with surprising ease too. As far as wagons go, this one is a superb step up from a stroller as it offers your young ones so much more in the way of freedom.
If you are looking for fantastic comfort, strength, and plenty of space, the Creative Outdoor Distributor Push Pull Wagon could be the best option for you.
- The collapsible push/pull wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributor is built tough. Built with a steel frame and durable denier blend fabric - it can support up to 150 lbs.
- The removable canopy provides shade for your kids or pets while they ride in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays.
- The wagon is designed to be pushed or pulled - the front wheels have a 360-degree swivel. allowing you to maneuver around obstacles. The sturdy construction can take on all terrains - dirt, pavement, grass, or sand.
- This foldable cart is extremely portable - when not in use fold it up and store it in the trunk of your car, closet, or garage. When you need it - pull it out and expand.
- Take to children to the park, head to the local farmers market, work around the garden or yard, tailgating, shopping, music festivals, or trips to the beach - the wagon handles it all.
3. Best Beach Wagon – Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Beach Wagon
The Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Beach Wagon has been popular and topping review charts for quite a while now, and to be honest, it’s easy to see why.
The Mac has covered all the bases when it comes to what you could want from a wagon. The Mac offers not only a wagon for the young ones, but should you be heading out to the beach or even camping, this is for you.
The Mac, just like the Creative, requires no assembly and is a completely foldable option. The Mac is also one of the lightest options on our list; it weighs in at only 29lbs. We should also add, while it only weighs in at 29lbs, it also has a maximum capacity weight of 150lbs.
The Mac has become so popular for many reasons; the first is, of course, the tires. Unlike many wagons, The Mac uses four heavy-duty, all-terrain, rubber tires. These tires help the Mac keep its performance on point no matter where you are pulling it.
The Mac also comes equipped with a handy little side table should you find yourself using it while camping or out at the beach. One of the most incredible features of the Mac is control. The Mac handles and steers beautifully and is engineered to perfection. With the Mac, you have two options to choose from, the beach or the utility. The beach model is for the get-up and go person who won’t use it for children. The utility version has a sturdier front axle and is excellent for a child or a tired dog.
Unfortunately one of the few down points of the Mac is the ability to clean it. You cannot remove any of the material to clean it, which obviously can be a little bit of a pain.
- HEAVY DUTY - Folding outdoor utility wagon has a large capacity interior, perfect for storing camping gear, beach toys, snacks, and any other outdoor essentials. The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs. Interior measures approximately 36.2" x 21.4" x 24.59".
- COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon cart folds to only 10" thick for easy storage in a car trunk or coat closet. Folded size measures approximately 31.48" x 21.4" x 9.64". The durable 600D fabric can be easily cleaned so you can leave your messes outside.
- SIDE TABLE - Foldable wagon features 2 built-in cup holders and a mobile phone holder. Ensures that all of your drinks and snacks are close at hand, and you can grab your phone to capture memories!
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE - Collapsible wagon includes an adjustable, telescoping handle for effortless transport. Perfect for drivers of any size.
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park, and camping. Once you're back indoors, the wagon folds up for easy storage around the house and includes a carrying case.
4. 4 Seat Wagon – Wonderfold Baby Multi-Function Four Passenger Wagon
If it’s a luxury wagon you are after, the Wonderfold is the wagon of choice for you. While it may be the priciest option on the list, you do get what you pay for.
The Wonderfold is designed with all the engineering enthusiasm of car design. The Wonderfold doesn’t only contain a front control axle; it also heavy-duty front wheel bearings and a front side suspension. The suspension and bearings pair with two 8 inch front wheels and allow for probably the best steering you can get from a wagon.
The Wonderfold requires a small amount of assembly, but it’s so simple, you won’t require the instructions at all. This fantastic little wagon can hold up to four little ones, and all four seats detach to make cleaning nice and easy.
This fancy little wagon even has a zipped mesh door to make things nice and easy when it comes to getting the young ones in and out.
The one thing that should be mentioned is that the Wonderfold does weigh a mighty 50 lbs but, with that added weight comes superb quality. The wonderfold has a maximum capacity weight of 280 lbs, which is almost double the wagons we have previously looked at.
When it comes to a luxury wagon that will certainly turn heads, no matter where you got, the Wonderfold could undoubtedly be a fantastic option for you. This incredible wagon folds up as easy as pie and, of course, comes fully equipped with a UV protection canopy.
So, if it’s luxury you are looking for, you don’t need to look any further.
- Easy one-step folding and unfolding stroller wagon; Detachable seats with 5-point harness
- High face to face seats with footwell for better interaction
- Front zipper door for children's easy access and storage; Deep Carriage with Mesh Panels for ventilation
- Slidable and removable UV protected canopy; All seats can be removed to become an utility wagon
- Heavy duty 8 inches front wheel with suspension and bearings installed and 10 inches rear wheel with one step foot brake; EVA foam tires with no pumping required
5. Best Wagon For Babies – Goplus Collapsible Folding Wagon Cart
The Goplus is the last wagon on our list and a great little all-rounder. The Goplus folding wagon is yet another simple option that requires no assembly and could have a ton of purposes.
While the Goplus isn’t generally the first option parents look at, it is a perfect all-round wagon that holds its own with the best of them. The first thing we should discuss is the material; the Goplus is made from 600D Oxford polyester. When it comes to sturdy material, this is the stuff you want.
This little wagon is also available in a few different styles; its base stock color is a gentle deep red. If however, you are feeling a little more daring, it’s also available in camo.
Like many of our other options, the Goplus is foldable (like the name suggests). It’s probably the easiest one on the list to fold. Another great option is the telescopic handle; this is something that a lot of wagons miss, thankfully, the Goplus did not.
The Goplus, when coming against some of our other options, does match up quite well. It weighs in at 27lbs and yet again, has a maximum load capacity of 150lbs. When comparing the Goplus to the rest of the list, it really can be an outstanding option.
The Goplus does come equipped with security for the little ones. This security is in the form of a waist belt, but it really does the job and doesn’t take away from the comfort of your little one.
If you are looking for a durable, reliable, and budget option, Goplus Collapsible Folding Wagon Cart is probably the choice for you.
- High Quality Materials: This folding wagon cart is built with durable 600D oxford polyester material and study steel frame. Heavy duty frame allows our wagon supports up to 150 lbs. Besides, high strength oxford polyester can be easily detached and cleaned.
- Foldable and Easy to Carry: Don't need to worry anymore that there is no tool to transport things outdoors. Our wagon cart can be folded to a small size for storage with a carry size bag. Easy dragging folding design can bring you a perfect outdoor experience.
- Multipurpose Cart: Enjoy this collapsible utility cart for indoor and outdoor activities, such as transporting shopping, going to the supermarket, camping, picnic, outdoor sporting events or just move things.
- Adjustable and Telescoping Handle: Collapsible wagon includes an adjustable and telescoping handle for effortless transport, which allows you to pull or push the wagon at ease, perfect for drivers at any age.
- Safe and Stable Use Experience: The removable canopy provides shade for your things or pets while they stay in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays. 360 position rotation of front wheels and fixed back wheels, easy to be used on most terrains.