Best Stroller Wagon Reviewed
If you haven’t already considered a stroller wagon as an alternative to a stroller, then you need to. Stroller wagons offer all the benefits of a stroller as well as a wagon, and according to my kids, are much more fun for your kids.
That’s why Mommy On Demand brings your our review of the best stroller wagon. We looked at five of the most popular and feature-rich kids wagons on the market.
Stroller wagons have a lot to offer and a wide range of designs. On top of that, there are a good number of other considerations that make a lot of sense. To name a few, how many passengers and what type of terrain do you want to roll through?
Your preferences will certainly have an influence on the model that impresses you the most and we look at all the details below. You can also jump down to our quick comparison chart for fast answers.
Top Stroller Wagon Features To Consider
- Seating – The best stroller wagons offer versatile seating, so your kids can enjoy the ride in a variety of situations. Comfortable seating is important for obvious reasons, but safety is also a big deal. Depending on what you are doing, buckling your kids in and knowing they are secure is of paramount importance. Some stroller wagon models even offer removable seats, so you can lay your infant or toddler down for a lovely nap.
- Drink Holders – Walking and drinking just go hand-in-hand. Of course, your kids will want a drink the instant they see you having one, so you better have enough drinks to go around. Tossing leaky kids cups in storage pouches is not ideal, so molded cup holders really add a lot of value to a kids wagon.
- Smooth Ride – Quality stroller wagons are going to feature smooth tires, suspension systems, and easy pivoting wheels so you can turn and maneuver in any direction you might need.
- Collapsible – Easy folding is another big benefit of the top stroller wagons. Most of our family vehicles are pretty full of little children and don’t exactly offer boundless extra space. Being able to stow a baby wagon in your vehicle without wasting space is essential.
- Sun Protection – Shielding your baby’s sensitive skin from bright sunlight and UV rays is another feature that baby wagon should provide. After a long day of fun and walking around an amusement park, or fair grounds, the mood might make a shift toward some naptime. Like adults, children don’t sleep very soundly with bright sun shining in their eyes. A good kids wagon with canopy overhead can help your child to get a good rest and avoid disruptions.
- Baby Carrier Compatible – In order to get the most our of your wagon, it’s really worthwhile to shop for a stroller wagon and baby carrier at the same time. Manufacturers design their car seats and baby carriers to lock into certain models of stroller wagons. This feature can prove very helpful at times, but you have to make sure of compatibility first.
Top Stroller Wagon Comparison Chart
Best Stroller Wagon
1. Veer Cruiser
Combining the comfort and convenience of a premium stroller with the durability of a rugged wagon, the Veer Cruiser is a stroller wagon hybrid built for ages 0-5+. It offers 2 cup holders as well as a snack and drink tray while also maintaining JMPA safety certifications with practical tires that go off-road with ease. The handle controls make pushing it, pulling it, turning, pivoting and maneuvering easy as pie, and it even folds down so that you can store it and transport it with no problem.
Spacious, easy to maneuver, and built to last, build quality simply oozes out of this hybrid, offering some much-needed peace of mind for those parents wheeling their kids around parks, amusement parks, malls, and even into more rugged territory. For a stroller wagon of this size, you might imagine needing to have a pretty large steering radius, but the ability to push, pull, and pivot with ease means that you can handily navigate even the tightest of corners without hassle.
Big and hardy as it is, the Veer Cruiser does require a little focus to use effectively. Trying to pilot this hybrid one-handed will quickly see it veering off into all sorts of directions (excuse the pun.) However, that’s only a minor detraction for this high-quality, highly maneuverable stroller wagon, that’s both big enough to sit two growing kids comfortably while also being incredibly easy to stow for transport and storage. The one thing you might notice is missing compared to some of the other options is a basket or bag attachment. Otherwise, it’s hard to argue too much with what the Veer Cruiser is offering you.
- 2-year Warranty when purchased from exclusive authorized seller "Veer Cruisers" on Amazon
- Includes 2 Cup Holders and 1 Snack and Drink Tray. Ships in branded Veer box.
- Meets ASTM safety standards and is JPMA Stroller Certified
- Push, pull or pull alongside; lockable handle for easy pushing
- Accommodates an infant car seat (Adapter sold separately)
A sizeable, collapsible stroller wagon, the Keenz 7s is an incredibly nimble and convenient little hybrid. Big enough to accommodate most children up to 6 and over, yet collapsible into a tiny folded shape that can easily be stowed away in most car trunks. The peaked roof offers a nice canopy and shelter from the sun for those outdoor excursions, especially thanks to the mesh screen. Whenever you don’t need it, the roof can be retracted as well, so you can keep an eye on what, exactly, your little tykes are up to in there.
Though it might look a little less substantial than some of the other options we’re reviewing here, the Keenz 7s offers the stability and durability you would expect from a wagon, to go with the convenience of the stroller. The polyester fabric of the siding and roof is hard-wearing, and the aluminum frame is solid and dependable, only weighing 32 pounds itself, but able to accommodate weights of up to 110 pounds. Though given the space that the basket opens, you might get tempted to test that limit. It truly is huge, enough to accommodate just about any kid and, in some cases, two lying side by side.
Ease of control is another big feature worth talking about, as well. The smaller front wheels make for excellent maneuvering. Step on/off brakes help you stay in control of the ride with no problems. The dual adjustable handles are also an incredibly welcome feature, making this a handy tool for parents of all shapes and sizes. When it comes to practicality, it has the nice addition of shoe storage which can just as easily be used for smaller bags and other objects. It’s not quite a basket attachment, but it offers a little more additional space than some of the other stroller wagons reviewed here.
Here is a great video on the Keenz Stroller Wagon:
- Compact and lightweight, a folded Keenz 7s stores easily in tight spaces
- Features include one step on/off brakes, dual adjustable handles, built in shoe storage, and canopy
- Made of a durable 1.6 mm durable aluminum, the Keenz 7s is a deep body wagon with a 110lb. Capacity
- The peaked roof is retractable and includes a mesh sunscreen to keep your items out of the hot sun
- ASTM F-833 Certified
Don’t let the bright yellow fool you, this truly massive passenger wagon quad stroller means business. As the name implies, this hybrid is designed to fit four passengers at once, with two detachable seats on either end facing one another. Designed with some incredibly space efficiency, the clips on the harnesses for each seat attach to the top bar of the sturdy frame, saving space while also ensuring each child’s weight is distributed evenly, meaning that pushing a full load is much easier than it might otherwise be and you don’t have to worry about the thing tipping over every time you want to take a corner.
How you use that space is highly flexible, as well. The weight capacity of 300 lbs means you can easily carry children of just about any age from 6 months and up. The comfortable carriage is just as suitable for laying down in, and it even has a zipper door so that kids can climb in and out as needed. Don’t worry, the zips are on the outside, only, so you don’t have to worry about your kids sneaking off. Deep pockets on either end of the wagon also means plenty of storage space so you don’t have to push with your hands full. There’s even space under the seats.
The huge canopy is perfect for blocking the sun on those too hot days and offering some privacy. Not only can it be reversed and pulled down entirely, but it can also be angled however you need it, perfect for matching the angle of the sun. Big as it is, the width and length are perfect for getting through doors thanks to how well that space is distributed. Even when full, it’s easy to push, as well, thanks to soft, responsive rubber wheels. Overall, a beast of a wagon that can easily handle what it advertises.
- Easy one-step folding and unfolding stroller wagon; Detachable seats with 5-point harness
- High face to face seats with footwell for better interaction
- Front zipper door for children's easy access and storage; Deep Carriage with Mesh Panels for ventilation
- Slidable and removable UV protected canopy; All seats can be removed to become an utility wagon
- Heavy duty 8 inches front wheel with suspension and bearings installed and 10 inches rear wheel with one step foot brake; EVA foam tires with no pumping required
Another stroller wagon in the larger range. Though not quite as deep and long as the WonderFold, the Creative Outdoor hybrid still supports up to 150 pounds. However, with a removable canopy and a folding function, it’s incredibly easy to stow it away and expand it again whenever you need to. Hardy and well made, the denier blend fabric is as comfortable as it is durable while the steel frame easily supports whatever you put in it. Combined with solid rubber tires, this stroller wagon can deal with all kinds of terrain without too much trouble.
The basket might not be as deep as some of the other stroller wagons we’re reviewing here, but it’s perfectly spacious enough to support two children lying side by side (or a particularly large dog). The basket attachment directly beneath the handle makes for excellent place to hold whatever you want to bring with you. Definitely a feature that more wagons should have. Confusingly missing on the photo provided, it also has a host of pockets, a cup holder, and some zippered pouches that offer even more storage space.
It’s also highly maneuverable, thanks to swiveling wheels at the front that can take even the tightest corners with ease. The solid rubber wheels also mean that it doesn’t have the problem that others do of swiveling right out of control, so it’s actually easy enough to pilot it with one hand alone. Combine that with the fact you can both push and pull, and it’s definitely one of the more convenient strollers around. Able to seat kids of all ages, easy to maneuver, and built with high-quality materials, it’s hard to go wrong with this stroller.
- The collapsible push/pull wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributor is built tough. Built with a steel frame and durable denier blend fabric - it can support up to 150 lbs.
- The removable canopy provides shade for your kids or pets while they ride in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays.
- The wagon is designed to be pushed or pulled - the front wheels have a 360-degree swivel. allowing you to maneuver around obstacles. The sturdy construction can take on all terrains - dirt, pavement, grass, or sand.
- This foldable cart is extremely portable - when not in use fold it up and store it in the trunk of your car, closet, or garage. When you need it - pull it out and expand.
- Take to children to the park, head to the local farmers market, work around the garden or yard, tailgating, shopping, music festivals, or trips to the beach - the wagon handles it all.
Lastly, the Radio Flyer is the least expensive offering we’re taking a look at for now, but that doesn’t mean that you’re sacrificing a lot when it comes to quality. At max capacity, it offers two seats positioned opposite from one another, but there are five different configurations so you can get the perfect balance of storage or seating depending on your needs at the same. Recommended for kids from 18 months to 5 years old, it’s smaller but still quite resilient, though that does translate to it being a little heavier than you might expect for the size. However, the weight combined with that size means that it has a good weight distribution, making for easy turns and stable rides.
Though it might seem a little lacking on space compared to the others reviewed here, it’s still spacious enough for two kids, easily, and has plenty of storage potential, especially with the storage bag attachment on the back. It handles its full capacity well thanks to foam rubber wheels, that can easily handle bumps and rougher terrain, but do struggle somewhat when rolling across the sand. The air in the tires can be let out and added at will, too, meaning you can configure it to suit your terrain all the better.
Versatility is one of the biggest benefits of this stroller. You can position two seats opposite one another, free up a space for a storage attachment, or fold a seat down to use it as a table, footrest, or something else entirely. Add to that the easily attached and detached canopy that offers great protection from the sun. The only downside is that it might feel a little clunky compared to some of the other options here without the same level of maneuverability, but if you’re looking for affordability, sturdiness, and versatility, the Radio Flyer has you covered.
- All-terrain air tires for a smooth ride
- 5 seating and storage options-seating for two, flatbed, covered storage & ride, activity surface, xl storage & ride
- Removable UV protection canopy. Handle folds over for easy storage
- Seatbelts for added safety; weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
- 4 Child and adult cup holders for easy access to drinks and snacks.Durable fabric that wipes clean