Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews
The blessing of pregnancy and looking forward to finally meeting your little bundle for the first time is both thrilling, and at times overwhelming. Pregnancy can come with it’s fair share of discomfort and negative effects on your sleep patterns.
A great solution to your sleepless nights might be found in seeking out one or more of the best pregnancy pillows and trying out some supportive positions to help you rest.
Pregnancy pillows are tremendously helpful when you need back support or to help with elevating your legs to prevent swelling, or a host of other aches and pains for that matter.
Pregnancy pillows are helpful when you come to that point in your pregnancy when you need general relief from the physical strain your growing baby places on your body.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sleep on a puffy cloud? Wonder no more.
Body pillows are that puffy cloud and are one of the few ways to alleviate the discomfort and soreness that accompany pregnancy. And if you think they’re only useful during pregnancy, you might be surprised.
Pregnancy pillows also make great nursing support pillows. When you want to nurse your baby in bed, using a pregnancy pillow to support your back and neck is a huge help.
We looked at 5 of the top pregnancy and body pillows below, and we hope our reviews are helpful in your pursuit of sleep and comfort. You can also check out the various useful features of body pillows as well as compare them in the chart.
Top Pregnancy Pillow Benefits
- Replaces Multiple Pillows – If you are looking pregnancy support, packing your bed with multiple pillows usually doesn’t do the trick. This is particularly true of multiple small pillows. Multiple pregnancy pillows will tend to shift and won’t stay in the position you really need for the best comfort.
- Reduce Sleep Interruption – Getting good rest is important when you are pregnant, but as your pregnancy advances, that can become more and more difficult. Quality body pillows have a lot to contribute toward keeping you comfortable and helping you sleep when you really need it. And many pregnancy pillows are specifically designed to reduce heat build-up, so you won’t wake up roasting hot or with night sweats.
- Full Body Support – Body pillows for pregnancy are ideal for supporting your back or reliving back pain, but they can also support your baby bump as your baby grows. Another common location of discomfort is in the hips and pelvis. As a mom-to-be, you might find body pillows are helpful in supporting your hips and well as your neck.
- Not Just For Sleeping – Staying comfortable isn’t just about sleeping. Just spending time with your family or watching a movie can be much more enjoyable when you have the support provided by a quality pregnancy pillow. And after your baby is born, pregnancy pillows are great for nursing and cuddling.
- Machine Washable – Keeping your body pillow clean and fresh is a big component of comfortable sleep and support. Machine washable pregnancy pillows are very advantageous in the case of an accidental spill or if your baby causes a little mess.
Top Pregnancy Body Pillows Comparison
Best Pregnancy Pillow
One of the major benefits about this body pillow is that you can shape and move it into the position you need to ensure the highest level of comfort and support.
This means that you don’t have to worry about this pregnancy pillow not being the right match for your body shape or even your height. It’s important to note that this is not true for all body pillows.
Furthermore, due to the versatile design, you can also use it in a variety of different positions.
So, for instance, you might be interested in lying on your stomach while using this pillow. That could be a suitable position for a body massage and the design is certainly able to cater to that requirement.
Most people will be purchasing this pillow seeking comfortable use during their pregnancy. This is an ideal application because it is an excellent pregnancy pillow for back support. It also provides a lot of other positional options that can really help your back which is one of the areas that suffers from the most strain during a typical pregnancy.
Another big benefit of this particular product is that it’s incredibly easy to maintain and wash. With a removable cover, you will have no problems keeping this clean and fresh for your next night.
Despite being more costly than other pillows on the market with similar designs, this option does provide fantastic value for the money, regardless of what stage you are at during your pregnancy.
You may even find that you opt to continue using it after the end of the pregnancy, due to the high level of comfort that it does provide. If you are looking for an extraordinarily comfortable and helpful body pillow, we highly recommend the Leachco Snoogle Original Pregnancy Pillow.
Here is a great review of the Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow:
- The first and true original Snoogle
- Snoogle takes the place of multiple pillows to help support hips, back, neck, and tummy
- Patented design was developed by a registered Nurse and mom
- Enjoy cuddle comfort and support without the extra body heat.
- Snoogle original has a sham-style removable cover that is machine washable
If you are looking for a pillow that will provide support in a range of different positions, then this is definitely the pillow for you. With a highly innovative design, this pillow is perfect for sleeping on your side or sitting up in bed.
You can even use it to provide the support you need for your legs and knees when you are lying down.
Regardless of how you use it, you won’t have to worry about it getting damaged or suffering from wear and tear.
It’s ideal for people of all sizes and while it does not have memory foam, you will still get a fantastic level of support.
You might be worried about the pillow no longer being usable after a couple of washes. However, it is possible to purchase a replacement cover in the rare chance that this does not provide the longevity that you require.
As well as this, the entire product provides a full lifetime guarantee. So, you can get the complete peace of mind that you deserve when you purchase this body pillow.
A great advantage of this particular product is that it’s not just suitable for someone who is pregnant. Instead, it can be the perfect option for anyone who is suffering from pain.
So, you could have herniated discs and if that’s the case, then you will find that this provides a fantastic level of back support. You will certainly find it easier to sleep as soon as you start using this product.
This is also one of the more budget-friendly choices on the market. Despite the affordable pricing, it still provides a high standard of quality and it’s a product that you will be able to use time and time again.
This pillow has certainly been designed for nightly use. Using the pillow, you will be able to face any direction. So, regardless of your sleeping pattern, you could find that it’s the perfect fit.
- THE ULTIMATE PREGNANCY PILLOW - C-shaped body pillow design replaces need for multiple bed pillows, helping support your back, hips, knees, neck and head.
This product is different from the other options on this list, due to a unique design. Rather than providing one side of the support, with this pillow, you are cocooned on both sides. As such, you can support both your bank and your stomach at the same time.
It’s going to be useful if you have widespread chronic pain, rather than the typical more localized issues. The pillow is also perfectly suited for pregnancy because you can use it in a variety of different positions. So, it will adapt to match your lifestyle.
Indeed, this pillow will provide a range of benefits throughout pregnancy. That does include full relief from issues such as swollen legs while providing substantial improvements to blood circulation.
While this is not a cooling pillow, it’s not going to get hot, so you can rest assured that you will be able to lie in comfort, even if you have night sweats.
Furthermore, a lot of people prefer to sleep on their stomachs. This can be a massive issue when you are pregnant, however, with this clever design, you can easily continue to sleep in this position.
Another advantage is that this has a light design. That means that you can put your leg or arm underneath without it feeling trapped or squashed. This is often one of the problems with what can be quite a heavy pillow, but it’s not an issue here.
Ultimately, with this option, you get the support of multiple pillows, all wrapped into one design. It’s easy to move it to match your requirements and it can suit any body shape too.
While this pillow is quite large, it is also going to fit most beds without hanging off or causing issues for anyone else sleeping next to you. Overall, we highly recommend pregnant moms check out this body pillow for sound sleeping.
- PREMIUM PREGNANCY PILLOW.Super soft pregnancy body pillow lets you get a good night of sleep throughout your pregnancy. The uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom, oversized U-shaped pillow support for back, hips, legs, belly,long enough for you to stretch out and support both sides of our body
- TOTAL BODY SUPPORT.Our customers have used this pillow effectively for pregnancy support, nursing and for pain relief and comfort (whilst sleeping) for people with fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, eliminate tossing and turning, ME etc. As well as helps support back, belly, sides, head, knees and feet
- DESIGNED FOR SIDE SLEEPING.Comfort and support is now available with uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom, and big "U" shaped maternity support pillow for sleeping and feeding.
- MULTI-POPURSE FOR YOU.The maternity body pillow creates comfortable positions when sleeping, reading, nursing, watching TV. Total Body Support for a painless and better sleep
- CUSTOMER PLEASED. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied,polyfill material is available adapts to your needs for comfort.
A key feature of this product is that it has been designed specifically for pregnant moms looking for a comfortable night’s sleep. Even the measurements have been carefully selected to ensure that they fit these requirements.
Another great feature of this ParMeDoc pillow is that the product does not get hot through the night. So, similar to the previous choice on our list, you don’t need to worry about having to abandon it halfway through the summer.
There have been several improvements made to this product and that has helped ensure that the item is durable and built to last. As such, it’s not going to fail you at the worst possible moment. Instead, it will continue to provide the full support that you want for years.
This pillow is perfectly suited for those who prefer to sleep on their sides. This is due to the shape of the pillow which provides extra room for your baby bump, regardless of which trimester you are in.
Aside from sleeping positions, you can also use the pillow for sitting and relaxing throughout the day. As a pregnancy pillow it is very comfortable in and out of bed, so use it wherever you choose.
You will also be thrilled to discover that this pillow is not going to cost you a fortune. Instead, you can put your mind at ease by getting a product that offers fantastic value for money.
On top of excellent affordability, and despite being made for comfort during pregnancy, it is suitable for anyone searching for an additional level of comfort in bed.
For instance, you can use it for supporting ankles or knees. So, it will be fantastic if you need to reduce backpack. That’s why it could be popular for someone who is recovering from surgery as well.
Some pregnancy pillows provide a lot of support but are not particularly soft to sleep on. That’s not an issue here. Instead, the outside of the pillow feels great too, ensuring that you will be able to use it on a nightly basis.
- Our U shaped body pillow helps support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, and more.
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body pillow, or attached the main body pillow for additional back or belly support, making this an excellent pillow for pregnant women and just about anyone else!
- This maternity pillow measures 53" inches long, 31" inches wide, and 7" inches high, making this the ideal contoured support pillow for your back, belly, legs, and neck... all in one!
- MORE THAN JUST A PILLOW FOR PREGNANT WOMEN - This full body pillow is perfect for ANYONE needing more support, recovering from surgery, or tired of having to use separate pillows to support their head, neck, legs, and back
- Try the PharMeDoc U-Shaped maternity pillow today, RISK-FREE. You're covered by our lifetime manufacturer warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you have been looking for a pregnancy pillow that does not take up half the bed and won’t cause a wall between you and your partner, the Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge could be the right choice.
Compact and unassuming, with this product you can make sure that you have soft support for your stomach. However, it could also be used as a more typical back support pillow.
One of the best options of this smaller choice, besides the lower cost, is that the pillow will remain cool through the night. It has a high level of ventilation, so if you do constantly get hot, this is going to be a great choice.
Designed to be safe and environmentally friendly, the pillow provides two sides depending on your position. You can flip it to find the right option for you.
Another great point of this design is that you’ll be able to take it anywhere with ease. So, you can make sure that it provides constant support regardless of what you’re doing through the day.
If you have found that the u-shaped pillows referenced above are simply too large and overwhelming, this could be a useful alternative. While the design may not suit everyone, it will fit most body shapes and can be useful regardless of what trimester you are at.
You can even put it between your knees to provide support here too. So, while it won’t provide full-body support all the time, it can instead be moved to deliver the support where you need it most.
It can even be useful for key parts of pregnancy. This includes ease of breathing when you feel short of breath, stretching, and even general use during pregnancy exercise. Ultimately, it can be a big help so you can complete your exercise routine while greatly reducing levels of discomfort.
- SOFT OR FIRM… YOU DECIDE: 2-sided design to suit moms during all 3 trimesters. Deluxe, soft memory foam on side 1, and firmer support foam on side 2. As your needs and desires shift from moment to moment, simply flip it over to regain maximum comfort.
- PROPER BELLY SUPPORT REDUCES SWELLING (edema) in hands, legs and feet by relieving back tension and associated STRESS. Place under your belly, behind your back or between your knees to help you feel more comfortable relaxing or sleeping. Versatile belly wedge, back pillow or knee pillow. Helps relieve nerve pain and leg numbness, too.
- FEATURES A PLUSH VELBOA COVER that is super soft, yet still durable and washable. We know a little pampering goes a long way in the 3rd trimester, so we pulled out all the stops and found the best material possible. You simply won't believe how soft and comfortable the cover is.
- AIRFLOW VENTILATION TECHNOLOGY with CertiPUR-US® FOAM: Our perforated foam layer helps keep the pillow cooler which makes it more comfortable while sleeping. CertiPUR-US® foam is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, and CFCs. It is performance-tested, durability-tested & emissions-tested. Trust the best.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE FOR TRAVEL and includes its own carry bag: From bedroom to the couch to your favorite chair for napping, the hiccapop wedge pillow makes traveling easy. More convenient than over-sized body pillows that are bulky and hot.
We hope this helps you determine which pregnancy pillow could be the right choice for you. As you can see, there is an option for every type of need and preference with these versatile designs.