Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Pack n Plays of 2019 Reviewed
All hail the pack n play! How would we ever survive without you? Seriously though, these little gems are so handy, and so helpful, there’s just no end to the kudos we moms gladly offer for the many years of helpful service.
If you’re a new mom or just looking for the best pack n play, the help and safety provided by one of these versatile units is simply unmatched.
There are just so many useful bells and whistles with today’s pack and plays. What mom doesn’t need a portable play yard, or a great toddler napper? Better yet, a combination pack n play-bassinet-changer-organizer?
As much as we love a good pack n play, we also know well that they are not all created equal. There are a number of things to consider before you run out and buy a cheap pack n play to save a few bucks. You might be missing out on a lot of great options for only a minor increase in price.
All of the models we reviewed are fairly rich with accessories, which can be removed if you need a more streamlined version.
Most of the time, the added features and accoutrements make life a whole lot easier and are more helpful than you can imagine. And if you are a mom that is juggling more than one munchkin, or will be in the near future, you need all the help you can get!
We list a bunch of helpful details below and dig into some important specifics. As important as those are, feel free to save some time if you are in a rush and skip to the pack n play comparison chart where we compare the models and their various features.
Top Pack n Play Features To Consider
- Safety – There is no doubt that safety tops the list of important considerations. As is the case when purchasing anything for a child, you will want to ensure that it is safe. There are laws in place regarding this, which have been implemented by the CPSC, which stands for Consumer Product Safety Commission. One of the tests that both play yards and pack and plays need to pass is the stability test. This test is designed to make sure that the Pack n Play will not topple over, irrespective of how much force your child is placing on it.
- Brand – There are many popular brands that have a good reputation for Pack n Play products, and so this is something you may want to consider when making your decision. Some popular brands include Baby Trend, Graco, 4moms, Disney, Foundations, Cosco, and such like. Subtle tweaks in design and appearance really make the difference in user friendliness and convenience in this regard.
- Portability – Portability is one of the main factors that parents look for when they are on the lookout for a Pack n Play. Some are easier to transport than others because of the weight, shape, and size, nevertheless, most would be deemed portable. However, you may want to look for a Pack n Play that has wheels on two adjacent legs. These wheels can lock, and then there are two regular legs on the opposite side. This is beneficial for both transport and those who find they need to adjust the position of the Pack and Play regularly.
- Durability – You also need to make sure that the Pack n Play that you select is durable. Quality designs are essential to make sure the play yard will last for years and years. Kids can be a little rough on pack and plays, so spending a little more for a durable unit can save you some cash in the long run. This will ensure you do not need to buy a new one every time that a new child is added to the family.
Top Pack n Play Comparison Chart
Best Pack n Plays
First on our list for top pack n play, and meeting perfectly at the cross roads of appearance and performance, is the 4moms Breeze Plus Portable Playard.
This quality pack n play has gained a great reputation with parents because of it’s classy look, functional design, and it is very easy to fold and unfold. You can even set it up with a baby on your hip…for real!
The company has three different pack n plays to choose from, but we think their Breeze Plus is the best one. As a very helpful bonus, it includes a bassinet and a changing station.
If you have dealt with the difficulty and frustration of setting up a pack n play in the past, you have found the answer to your frustration.
The sheer ease of use, whether opening or closing, will bring a smile to the face of every mom out there. It is a very noticeable difference when you compare this pack n play to others on the market. We cannot stress enough how great the one-push system is. One push to open and one lift to close, how great is that?
Of course, you want a lot more from a pack and play than simply being easy to use, and you do get a lot more. The sides are great because they provide full visibility, keeping your baby easily visible regardless of his or her surroundings.
This pack n play is also bigger when compared with the standard models on the market today. However, it is not of the size of the Joovy model that has become popular.
You also get a mattress pad with this product, as well as nice deep changer and bassinet units. All of which are very easy to clean and come squeaky clean with little more than a wet cloth. They can also be removed entirely to open up additional space.
It is also worth noting that there is Velcro on the base of the playmat. While the Velcro holds the pad in place, it also makes it easier to remove for cleaning when compared to other models.
There are extra sheets that can be purchased separately for the playmat, which we would definitely recommend. After all, having an extra set of sheets certainly is a lot easier when you need to toss one sheet in the wash and have another in the crib.
Last but not least, you do not have to worry about the design of the pack n play clashing with the overall color scheme of the nursery, or any room that it is going to be placed in. This is a real problem with a lot of the quirky colored pack n plays out there today. However, this pack and play has a classic and simple look with very clean lines, so it can look great in nearly any room.
Here is a helpful video on the 4moms Breeze Plus Pack n Play:
- Opens or closes in one step
- Quick set up
- Includes removable bassinet & changer
- All-in-one care station
- Convenient travel bag included
Next, we have the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Snuggle Suite LX, which is perfect if you are looking for a pack and play that has a number of extras.
With this pack n play, you are going to get a portable soothing seat, which also doubles up like a bouncing seat. This can be used both in and out of the pack and play. So, effectively, you are also going to benefit from a baby seat that can be used anywhere around your home.
The seat also comes with vibrations, in two different speeds, which help to soothe your baby. You can also be sure of safety thanks to the three-point harness. It will hold up to an 18-pound baby and it is also designed to shield your baby from bright light thanks to the included canopy.
To further soothe your child, there is a music and nature station, as well as a look light.
There is a changing station for those moments when you need to change your baby’s diaper. This has fabrics that can be wiped clean easily and it works for children until they reach 30 pounds.
This is not the only feature that is going to make your life easier. This pack and play also enables you to store everything from diapers to clothes with ease thanks to the built-in storage. You can easily keep everything where you need it.
The infant bassinet can be removed once the child reaches 15 pounds, turning into a full playard for the toddler to nap and play. With a push-button fold, folding down this product is really easy too, and you can select from two different colors.
- Portable infant seat doubles as a bouncer (holds up to 18 lb), giving you flexibility to move around the house
- This playard and baby bassinet has a large extended-use changing station (up to 30 lb) to make changing baby easier
- Playpen has built-in storage organizer for baby's essentials such as diapers, changes of clothes, wipes, and more, keeping everything at hand
- Removable infant bassinet is a comfy rest place for baby
- Gentle 2-speed vibration soothes baby in infant seat and bouncer; soothing music and nature sounds and look light on playard for check-ins
Next, we have this upgraded Nursery Center from Baby Trend. It provides the ideal all-in-one solution for playing, diaper changing, and sleeping.
You should not have too much trouble getting your newborn to go to sleep with this pack and play. Not only does it offer a shaded canopy for peaceful sleeping but it comes with peaceful music, night light, and calming vibrations, ensuring the perfect sleeping environment.
Once your little one wakes up, all you need to do is unzip the canopy for it to be converted into a toy bar, with two plush toys for your child to enjoy.
It’s so easy to change diapers with this changing station. It comes with a built-in diaper stacker and deluxe three-pocket parent organizer. When the changing table is not in use, there is a convenient and secure belt to flip it over.
All you need to do is remove the bassinet feature once your child gets older, creating a safe and exciting environment for your child to play.
Added security and ease of mobility are offered due to the dual wheels with breaks. Simple fold and store the nursery center when you are ready to travel, and pop it in the carry tote.
- Swing-away changing table and a wipes/diaper stacker make it easy to replace baby's diapers
- Music center with volume control and a night-light lets you calm your little one with soothing melodies and nature sounds
- Functions as a bassinet with the multi-textured mattress pad; Large caster wheels with brakes let you move the Playard around the house with ease
- One-hand locking mechanism makes setup and folding a breeze;
- Three hanging toys entertain your child throughout his or her early years, Compact fold for travel; JPMA Certified
It’s crazy to think that Mickey and Minnie are still popular today! Children around the world love the characters just as much now as they did ten years ago, and so it is not hard to see why this Disney Play Yard is such a popular choice.
Not only does this play yard feature a popular design but it comes with lots of exciting features that are going to be helpful throughout your child’s first three months. It’s your complete baby center. Not only can it be used for playtime but also naps and changing diapers too.
One of the great things about going for this pack and play is the fact that you are going to have six different color options to select from. This means that you are bound to find something that appeals to your child while also fitting in with the decor in the room.
Of course, it’s not all about the appearance of the pack and play. You want to make sure it is of a good quality and that it has all of the features you need. This is certainly the case here. The features are extensive and fabulous. You can expect an infant level napper, which can convert down into a normal playpen. It also features a sturdy changing table.
What else can you expect from this Disney play and pack? Well, it will also ensure your baby’s attention does not drift elsewhere thanks to the removable toy bar. However, a lot of parents will say that the external storage container is the best feature. It is roomy and large in size, meaning it can hold creams, wipes, a few changes of clothes, diapers, and anything else your baby may require.
Other plus points include the storage bag that you get with this model, the fact that the playpen folds up with ease, and that the wheels on one side enable easy repositioning.
- Spacious and sturdy, the Disney Baby Sweet Wonder play yard is ready for rest or fun whether you’re with your baby at home or on the go
- Stylish and cute in pink and black, this play yard provides multiple ways to keep baby both happy and comfortable and includes a travel carry bag for longer trips
- Easily move the play yard from room to room with two built-in wheels for mobility. This newborn's bassinet comforts your resting child and has an open-view, breathable mesh
- Quickly wipe down the removeable changer after use. A deluxe organizer allows you to store your baby’s necessities within reach while the top shelf holds a large wipes container
- With plenty of space for your child to rest or play, this play yard also includes a toy arch with entertaining and adorable toys
Last but not least, if you are looking for a pack and play that has everything you need, this offering from Ingenuity is definitely worth considering. It comes with a number of different areas and systems for your baby.
One of the main features of this pack and play is the DreamCentre. It contains mesh and soft cloth sides, which allow your baby to see out of the sides as well as providing good ventilation. There is a removable canopy over the top, which also provides entertainment for your baby, as there are two soft toys hanging from it.
You can also change diapers in any room without trouble thanks to the changing table, which seems to be at the perfect height. When this is not in use, simply flip it out of the way.
You can also store everything in a neat and handy manner with this pack and play. On the side of the product, there is a convenient storage pocket area. Here, you can store everything you need, for example, wipes, toys, diapers, and more.
Even with a changing table and DreamCentre in place, you can set up the bassinet. This provides a good nap thanks to the thick matters. Once your child has outgrown this feature or simply ready for the full pall area, all you need to do is remove the bassinet with a few buckles. The mattress can be used for the bottom of the pack and play.
All of the materials that can be removed can be washed with ease in your washing machine. Plus, the sides of the pack and play are made entirely from mesh for breathability, airflow, and visibility.
Finally, you can easily store this product in a travel bag, which is included. Folding the pack and play is easy, as it only takes one step.
- Keeps baby safe from playtime to naptime. The maximum weight recommendation is 30 pounds and the minimum weight recommendation is 6 pounds
- Portable Playard with bassinet and changing table
- Bring wherever you go foldable and on wheels
- Side storage pockets keep necessities close
- 3 pieces are easy to wash