Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Lightweight Stroller For Infants Reviewed
Babies love to get out for a walk and see the curious world they live in. A little sun and fresh air is a cure-all for the restlessness that comes with taking care of little ones.
Heading to the park or a good running trail can prove challenging if you need to load your stroller in and out of a vehicle. Besides space concerns, heavy strollers are unruly gadgets that can be difficult to handle.
Thankfully there is a solution: buying a lightweight stroller.
If you are shopping for the best lightweight stroller you should look at a few different designs before making your selection. Understanding the benefits of the particular models will help you make an informed decision when that time comes.
With that in mind, how you intend to actually use your stroller is going to have a big influence on which lightweight stroller will provide for your requirements. One stroller might be ideal primarily for a walk in the park, whereas another might be more functional in a variety of terrain and applications.
Top Lightweight Stroller Features To Consider
- Adjustable – When your baby wants to lay back and take a rest, the ability to adjust the seat position will allow you to provide maximum comfort for your child and customize your setup exactly how you like it. An adjustable handlebar is another big plus so that your stroller can suit a variety of heights and provide comfort for multiple users.
- Collapsible – The top lightweight strollers will also collapse down to a small size so you can transport your baby’s stroller to other locations without struggling to make space in your vehicle.
- Sun Protection – All of our lightweight stroller reviews featured sun canopies because we think it is an essential resource. Your baby will need shade and sun protection while you are out and about. Many today’s best lightweight strollers also features SPF protection so your little babe has an extra layer of built-in sun protection.
- Trail Tires – Some strollers are best suited for hard surfaces like sidewalks and paved surfaces. And if that will be your primary use of your lightweight stroller then that is exactly what you will want. The most capable strollers for rough terrain will feature larger air filled tires, and sometimes will offer suspension that can make for a smooth ride.
- Weight Limits – As your baby grows your stroller should accommodate to fit your child’s needs. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for weight limits will help to keep your baby safe and sound. But if you play your cards right, your stroller should be able to carry your child until they would prefer to walk rather than ride.
Top Lightweight Stroller Comparison Chart
Best Lightweight Stroller For Infants
The first lightweight stroller we are going to review is the BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller. There are many reasons why this is considered one of the most quality strollers on the market today.
According to the manufacturer, this is suitable for an eight-year-old baby. However, we would definitely advise that you wait until at least three months, as it is better to wait until your child has neck control with this stroller because it does not feature fully flat recline.
The seat features a lot of useful benefits. This includes being able to lower the backrest with ease using only one hand. You can also recline the seat down to 70 degrees from vertical. Plus, there is a mesh window on top of the stroller, which means additional airflow can be provided when the seat is fully reclined.
You can also be sure that your baby will be prevented from sweating thanks to the breathable and comfortable open-cell foam padding that has been used. The stroller is also very easy to clean, which is important when you consider how much babies like to vomit and spill something.
In addition to the features that have already been mentioned, this stroller features an extra-large canopy, which will cover your baby from the sun fully. Moreover, your child will be protected from harmful sun rays because it is made of UPF 50+ fabric.
There is also a Velcro closure and a plastic peek-a-boo window. The stroller has a three-wheel design, with the tires being pneumatic and the wheels being made from high-impact polymer. Plus, there is an adjustable rotating handlebar, which has nine different positions.
Other pros include durability, three additional storage pockets, a decent storage basket, one-hand steering, and smooth maneuverability, as well as a cushioned ride thanks to the suspension.
- Fit: Birth to 75 pounds; 0 to 8 weeks with the use of an Infant Car Seat Adapter and compatible Infant Car Seat; child height 44 inches; Dimensions 25.4 W x 43 H x 44 D inches
- Smooth; speedy stability: locking swivel front wheel; air filled tires; and mountain bike style suspension system
- Adjustable and Safe: 9 position adjustable handlebar with wrist strap; no rethread 5 point harness; near flat recline; and extra large UPF 50 plus canopy
- Carry more Gear: Store and organize your gear in the integrated pockets and extra large cargo basket
- Travel system ready: Compatible with BOB or Britax Infant Car Seats when using the BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter (sold separately) and with most other major brands
If you are looking for the best lightweight stroller, you should definitely consider the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Stroller. It is an excellent everyday stroller, which is excellent for power walking in the park or running some errands.
It will handle tough terrain, for example, mulch, gravel, or grass, like a regular model. When it is folded, it is extremely compact, which will fit into a small trunk. The latest model has come with a number of different upgrades too, for example, all-wheel suspension, a sporty looking canopy, and an adjustable leg rest.
One of the best things about this stroller is the canopy. It has two windows and three panels. This means your child is always going to benefit from sun protection. A good size canopy is something that should always be high up on the list of things that people are looking for, and so that box is definitely ticked with this option.
Aside from this, you will also have an adjustable with this model, which goes from 30 inches up to 42 inches from the ground. In terms of the seat, it is 26 inches high from the back of the seat to the top of the canopy and it is 14 inches wide. It can also be converted into a travel system, with car seat adapters incorporated.
- Patented quick fold technology fold your lightweight stroller with one hand; Care The seat can be washed in cold water on the delicate cycle of your washing machine and attached back onto the stroller to dry
- 3 Wheel Stroller: 8.5 inches all terrain non flat tires with front wheel suspension provide a smooth comfortable ride
- Plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top
- Large adjustable sun canopy with peek a boo windows; Stroller Weight: 22.49 Pounds
- Adjustable handlebar suits users of all heights and Stroller height 38.19 to 43.5 inches
Another newborn stroller to consider is the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller. The main benefits associated with this stroller is the fact that it features a very generous storage basket, an extra-wide canopy, and a very smooth ride. Also, when you consider the fact that this is one of the more affordable models out there today, you can see how this represents exceptional value for money too.
One thing that is interesting about this stroller is the fact that it is labelled ‘ultralight’ yet it is pretty average in terms of weight. It weighs just under 26 pounds and there are some strollers on the market that are around 20 pounds. Therefore, if you are choosing this stroller purely based on the fact that it is light, this probably refers to the fact that the stroller weighs 10 pounds less than the former version from Joovy Zoom.
This stroller offers great flexibility. The front tire, which is air-filled and 12 inches in size, can be locked in place for safe and stable running. However, you can, of course, set the stroller to swivel so that you can utilize the stroller for post-run errands and walking workouts. You will need to kneel in order to change the setting, though.
One area whereby this stroller certainly does impress is when it comes to performance. A lot of people are shocked at how quickly the stroller moves, especially along surfaces like gravel without needing a lot of effort. The shock absorbers will ensure the stroller glides over the surface with ease. Folding the stroller is pretty easy as well. However, you are going to require two hands to do so, so do keep this in mind.
Here is a descriptive video on the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller:
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
- Aluminum frame with shock absorbing suspension
- Easy compact fold ;Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean with Soap and Water ; Material: Aluminum, Polyester
If you’re looking for a lightweight stroller for newborn babies, another contender is the Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller. Unlike the previous stroller mentioned, this is an option that provides a quick-fold using one hand.
This is also one of the lightest strollers on the market too. You always want to check how much a stroller weighs when purchasing because you will be loading and unloading it into your vehicle. Every pound makes a difference. Luckily this stroller only weighs 20 pounds, and so it really is one of the lightest ones out there.
Aside from this, another great feature that is associated with this stroller is the click and go system. This is a relatively standard feature that you will find in the vast majority of strollers today.
Because the brand also makes car seats, they have made sure that their car seats can be attached to their strollers with ease for ultimate convenience. This connection is what is known as the click and go system. You are basically going to create a pram of sorts by clicking your car seat into the stroller. This can extend the use of your stroller for many years because you will be able to use it until your child reaches 55 pounds.
In addition to the features and benefits that have already been discussed, you can make the most of an all-wheel suspension with this stroller as well. This enables your child to benefit from the smoothest possible ride. This means that you won’t be feeling any bumps along the way.
Other features worth noting include the five-point harness, as well as the infinite recline, large zipper pocket, breathable canopy with a peek-a-boo window, and an extra-large storage basket. It also comes in three different colors for those moms and dads who care about style!
- All new Britax Stroller with foot rest, enhanced storage and improved features
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension and one hand quick fold for easy transport
- Peek a boo window and infinite stroller seat recline accommodate sleeping infants or attentive toddlers
- Travel system ready: Compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
- Breathable ventilated UV 50+ canopy and extra large storage basket with front access
The final lightweight infant stroller to consider is the Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller. This stroller is known as a lightweight umbrella stroller, which can be folded with ease using one hand.
There are a number of different features associated with this stroller that has resulted in it being deemed one of the best options out there for people today.
Let’s begin with the stroller seat. Despite the frame being lightweight, it is definitely sturdy. Your child will get enough support because the seat is very well padded. You won’t need to add a blanket or any pillows to make sure your child is comfortable.
One of the great features that parents will love is the restraint system. This has an adjustable five-point harness, ensuring ultimate security. It has a center-release buckle. This makes it difficult for your toddler to unbuckle yet it is still easy for parents to access and use.
This stroller also has a good size storage basket. This can accommodate a diaper bag that is of a medium size. The mesh sides enable the air to pass through so you can find things with ease and the basket is kept dry.
Plus, a handy little feature for parents to make the most of is the removable parent cup holder, which is very much durable. A great place to put your coffee and you don’t have to worry that it is going to spill!
Other features of note include the ergonomically-positioned stroller handle, as well as the adjustable leg rest. However, it is worth pointing out that there is no child’s tray with this stroller, as is the case with other options. Let’s end on a positive, though, as there is an extra-large canopy with this stroller that comes with UV 50 protection.
- Ultra-easy one-hand fold makes this the perfect accessory to get out and about with baby
- Easily accepts all Graco Click Connect infant car seats, excluding TRUESHIELD side-impact protection infant car seats with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system
- Lightweight, sturdy frame for maximum portability, making it ultra-convenient for moms on-the-go
- Holds a child up to 50 pounds for years of comfortable strolling
- Multi-position, reclining seat lies flat, accommodating your child from birth to 50 lbs.