Best Electric Cars For Toddlers Reviewed
Do it. Buying an electric car for your kids is something you will never regret. In fact, you will be delighted with the decision. Our advice: do it!
Our 4 and 5 year olds ride double on their Power Wheels 4 wheeler, and they literally beam with enjoyment as as they spin around the yard. They are completely obsessed with it and any spare time is gladly spent on their electric 4-wheeler. The battery needs charging every night.
There is a huge variety of electric cars for kids today, and comparing what is available can be a lot to sort through. That’s why we reviewed 5 of the best electric cars for toddlers.
We are big fans of toys that our kids really love, and we want to help you find the right electric car for your child. We covered a good variety with a Jeep, a dune racer, two stylish sports cars, and a classic 4-wheeler.
Which particular style of ride-on electric car is going to amaze your kids will depend on a few details. What type of terrain do you expect them to encounter? What sort of safety mechanisms would you like to have available?
These are just a few of the important details that will make your kids ride on car more enjoyable, more safe, and overall something that your kids will love to use for years to come.
Top Kids Electric Cars Features
- Safety – Safety should always be an important consideration, and keeping your kids age and level of fine motor skill in mind will go a long way toward making sure they don’t get in over their head. Many kids electric cars for toddlers offer safety belts, but others won’t offer this feature. Realistically, that is a decision that you need to make, as to which safety features are needed for your kids.
- Durability – Kids electric cars take a fair amount of hard use, and you don’t want your toddler’s new favorite toy failing prematurely. An important factor to consider is on what types of terrain you foresee your child driving their electric car. Sports cars are best sutied for primarily riding on paved surfaces. But if a lot of riding in grass and gravel is the primary use, then you might want to focus on a kids electric jeep, truck, or 4 wheeler.
- Maximum Speed – The average speed of most kids ride on cars ranges from 3-5 miles per hour, and often is dependent on which speed or ‘gear’ has been selected. We listed all the maximum speeds in our review below, so you can see which of the electric cars works best for you.
- Speed Settings – Having a variety of speeds to work with is a great way to acclimate your child to driving a kids ride on electric car for the first time. Some cars offer a ‘lock-out’ option for the faster speed settings, so you get an extra layer of safety when your kids are still learning their limits. It’s really cool seeing your little kids learn to shift and back-up by using the reverse.
- Weight Capacity – Weight capacity is particularly important to consider when your kids want to ride together on a single kids electric car.
- Remote Control – This is a big addition to the safety aspect of the best electric cars for toddlers. And for young toddlers who have yet to grasp the ability and coordination to drive the car for their self, an adult can drive the car for them and provide equally great entertainment.
- Suspension – Having real shock-absorbers in a kids electric car is a welcome addition when you want to provide your child with an enjoyable ride. Now don’t be fooled, the suspension system in a kids electric car isn’t as effective as a real vehicle, but they take a lot of the bump and bang out of the ride and make the ride quite smooth, even on rough gravel and bumpy grass.
Top Electric Cars For Toddlers Comparison
Best Electric Cars For Toddlers
Let your kid’s thirst for adventure take them far and wide with this kids electric 4 wheeler. Immediately, the big, bold truck design of this jeep option will grab your kids’ attention, and it comes in at least five colors from what we’ve seen, making it an instantly impactful present for any special occasion.
But beyond how sheer impressive it looks, how does this kids electric jeep actually fare?
Well, for one, it feels good, sturdy, and solid, made of rigid reinforced nylon. As expected from a kids electric jeep, it handles all kinds of terrain well, including thick grass, hills, gravel and the like with no problem at all.
Not exactly the fastest of the kids electric cars, but it’s plenty quick, hardy, durable, and it can be long-lasting too, with the space to add a second battery.
We love the remote control function too, something that we wish every other car in this class had. You can let your kid have fun, steering as they please, but you always have the option to enable remote controls. Whether you want to take over for safety’s sake or you simply want to have a little fun with them, switching over is very easy, indeed, and enables control for at least up to a couple hundred feet.
Like many of the best electric cars for kids, it has a wide range of features that’d be a must for a regular car, too. Real suspension, radio, lights, an MPG 3 player, and lots of working buttons and details in the dash are all included. Overall, very impressive.
- REALISTIC DESIGN: Made with an adjustable seatbelt for safety, bright LED lights, and a 12V motor with 3 speed options: low/medium/high (3.7mph max)
- MANUAL AND REMOTE CONTROL: Let your child drive manually or use the remote control to safely guide them yourself; remote has forward/reverse controls and speed selection
- STYLISH AND DURABLE: Crafted with a durable, non-toxic plastic body and 14-inch traction wheels with a spring suspension system for outdoor adventures in grass or dirt
- CONNECT YOUR MUSIC: A built-in AUX outlet allows kids to plug in media devices to drive while jamming to their own selection of music
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: A charger and rechargeable battery are included, so you can always rev up the fun for your child; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 45"(L) x 31"(W) x 31"(H); Weight Capacity: 65 lbs.
Designed to look just like a high-end Maserati, this choice might even turn the heads of a few grown-ups when your kid is cruising around in it. Like the Best Choice Products truck, it’s impressive in the detail that has gone into replicating both the feel and the functions of a real car, including the suspension, working horn buttons, and even Bluetooth functionality that allow you to play any audio you want through its speakers.
That detail goes into the little things that don’t have much use, but still make the illusion all the more real to your kids. For instance, the realistic motor sound that starts when they turn on the “engine”, the headlights, and the taillights don’t have a lot of practical use, but they are sure to delight the kids.
Like the Best Choice Products truck, the Uenjoy Maserati also has the ability to control by parental remote control. What we like most is that the highest speed function is only available through remote control, with the gas pedal and steering wheel controls having one less speed.
This means that you can ensure your kid gets the enjoyment of some real speed, but only in the hands of a responsible adult. Just make sure you stay responsible when you take over those controls. Still, at a max speed of 3.1 MPH, it’s not going to see them veering off at any great speed, so there’s little to worry about.
As far as kids electric cars go, this might be one of the best options you’ll find for toddlers at the age of 4 or under. It is a little on the smaller side, but despite that, it’s still one of the better options on the market.
- 🚗 PERFECT GIFT: It is a great gift for 1-5 years old kids. This ride on car can be operated by gas pedal and steering wheel(2 speeds) or by parental remote controller(3 speeds)
- 🚗 4 WHEELS W/SUSPENSION: EVA wheels with spring suspension let kids have a safe and comfortable ride.
- 🚗 POWERFUL OUTPUT: 2*12V Powerful motors driving 2 rear wheels reach speeds 3.1MPH.
- 🚗 MUSIC FUNCTION: Bluetooth, USB connects to phones. Built in music&stories benefit for kids. FM radio for fun. Horn &engine sound for real driving experience.
- 🚗 👍 Warranty: 3 Months Free Return & 1 Year Free Replacement Parts.
One of the most widely known and trusted names when it comes to kids ride on cars, the Dune Racer is Power Wheel’s version of an all-terrain vehicle and it certainly brings the look with a shiny chrome ATV body and thick tire treads.
It’s not all down to the looks, either. The Dune Race genuinely can handle all kinds of bumps and rough terrain, including wet grass, tree roots, and even the occasional sand pit.
Furthermore, as the weight of the ride on car suggests, it’s highly durable. Indeed, it doesn’t have a frame made entirely of plastic like most of the other options we will look at here, but uses resilient, sturdy steel instead.
Steel framing means that it might be a little more of a hassle to carry to-and-fro thanks to the added weight. However, if you want to make sure your kids get a machine that can stand the tests of time, then the Dune Racer certainly has you covered there.
There’s no remote control function to these kids ride on cars, but that doesn’t make them dangerous. There are power lock brakes that can sense when your kids have their foot on the pedal. If they remove it, the car brakes immediately, ensuring they don’t end up spiraling out of control.
While many of the other options do what they can to emulate the look of a real vehicle, most of them can only fit one seat. That’s not the case with the Dune Racer, we were happy to find. The two seats can easily fit most kids around the ages of 7 and under.
The steel framing also bolsters the weight capability up to 130 lbs. As such, it’s one that’s not strictly relegated to a single toddler and allows for some real family fun, too. As such, it’s also a good deal faster than some meant specifically for younger drivers, with a maximum speed of 5 mph.
- Sturdy steel frame with flashy "chrome" wheels & grille
- Drives 2.5 and 5 mph (4 and 8 km/h) max. forward; 2.5 mph (4 km/h) max. reverse
- Monster Traction system drives on hard surfaces, wet grass, and rough terrain
- Storage area under the hood
- Metal sidebars for hand support
If you’ve always wanted your own high performance Audi TT RS, then why not live vicariously through your kid? There’s no denying the classy Coupe look is just as much for the parents as it is for the kids. Either way, we love it. Its quality isn’t all skin deep, either.
First of all, like the Maserati, a lot of attention to detail has gone into replicating the look and feel of a real car, with lights, Mp3 player and radio, a working horn, a lit-up dashboard, and even seat and door interior details. When it comes to simulating a real vehicle, few do it better than the Costzon Audi TT RS.
It has a decent battery life, too, able to work continuously for over forty minutes. What’s more, it even has a battery life indicator so you can tell when it’s about to power down. In terms of safety features, Costzon has you covered there without issue, too. Not only does it have the remote control features also found in the Uenjoy and the Best Choice Products, but it has adjustable seats and seatbelts so you can ensure the comfort and security of your kid without issue.
In terms of performance, it might not quite be the exact same as the real Audi TT, but that doesn’t mean it’s not impressive in its own right. It’s not as suitable for difficult terrain as some of the ATV-based designs featured here, but its 2 independent electric motors are able to handle most small bumps and inclines without issues. Furthermore, with kids electric cars, we’ve often found issues with a little jerkiness when starting, stopping, or switching speeds. The Costzon Audi TT might be the smoothest ride we’ve ever seen, which is certain to mean more enjoyment for your kids, as well. A great gift for any kid over the age of 18 months.
- Two Modes: 1. Parental Electric-Driven Remote Control Mode ( up to 30 meters remote control distance): You can control this car to enjoy the happiness of being together with your baby. 2. Battery Operate Mode: Your baby can operate this car by himself/herself by electric foot pedal and steering wheel (foot pedal for acceleration).
- When this car is fully charged, your baby can continuously play it for 40 minutes which makes sure that your baby can abundantly enjoy it.
- Comfortable seat with safety belt provides large space for your baby to sit (the safety belt enclosed is only as a substance to increase children's safety awareness, please keep an eye to your baby when he/she is playing).
- Equipped with front and rear lights, music function, MP3 audio input , volume control. You can choose suitable speed: 1WD:2.5km/h, 2 WD:2.5~5km/h to meet your baby's requirement. The dashboard has light to keep it real. Go forward/backward, turn left/ right freely!
- Size:41" x 25" x 18"(L x W x H), Load Limit: 66 lbs, Variable Speed: about 2.4-3.1 km/h, Suitable for Children from 36-72 months. Assembly required.
The realistic quad bike design of the Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw is definitely going to warrant some excitement from the kids. It’s not all just a look, either. The all terrain wheels might be made of plastic rather than rubber, but they do precisely as they say, able to handle inclines, tall grass, gravel, and bumps like that pesky garden hose with no issue. The only thing it might not glide over without issue is sand. With a max speed of 5 mph and one lower speed of half that, it goes at a decent enough speed to offer some thrills for the kids as well.
If there’s one glaring issue we have with the Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw, it’s the relative lack of safety features. There’s no remote control functionality, no automatic break, and no seatbelt. There is a feature that parents can set to lock it to the lower speed, but the relative lack of other safety features means we would recommend this more for the older kids up to seven years old or else to physically guide any younger kids taking a spin on it Furthermore, it’s a little light on some of the details that the others offer, so you might want to attach your own headlamp if you plan on taking it out in the evening.
Despite the features that it’s lacking, however, it is a relative powerhouse. You might not get much more than 30 minutes play out of a full charge, but it’s sturdy, goes a good deal faster than some of the other options here, and is able to handle just about anything your kid is likely to run into. A little basic for the price, compared to some of the others, but a thrilling ride over all.
- 2-Speeds: 2-1/2 - 5 mph (plus reverse)
- All terrain wheels
- Realistic look
- Rechargeable battery powered
- Ages 3-7; Weight Cap. 85lbs