Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Cradles For Babies Reviewed
For most parents, the nursery isn’t complete without a comfortable and safe cradle. With that level of popularity comes many, many different models to sort through, which can make finding the best cradle for your baby a bit challenging, but very worth it.
Cozy napping is important for newborns and infants. Unfortunately for us parents, constant napping isn’t likely in the foreseeable future.
Instead, getting the to-do list reduced to within reason is often more pressing. Baby cradles are very helpful in that regard, particularly for newborns and infants.
Few pieces of baby furniture are as truly versatile as a well-made cradle. From the bedroom, to the living room, to the in-law’s house, a reliable cradle can keep your baby comfy-cozy.
Moving the average-sized crib around the house isn’t really an option, so a baby cradle can serve a lot of purposes that a crib just cannot.
For a mom who is spending every waking moment tending to the needs of an infant, the ability to do some self-care and keep up with the home is a welcome change. Since a cradle can go where you go, it really can provide some freedom and let you keep up with your routine.
The Mommy On Demand team are here to help you find the best cradle for your baby. We are parents too, and we know how helpful the right baby accessories can be. That’s why we reviewed 5 of the top cradles for babies. See our top picks!
Top Cradles For Babies Comparison
Best Cradles For Babies
The Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle is a cutting edge bassinet. It comes with a range of design features that meet the highest standards. The material is lightweight and durable, as you would expect for a premium design. Here are some of the features that make it worth consideration:
Inside the box, you will find that it has a stylish travel bag. The cradle can be set up in minutes, and the lightweight frame makes it easy to move around. The Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle folds down quickly and easily, and for this reason, it is ideal for taking with you when traveling with your baby.
The setup is easy, and the rocker itself glides on built-in wheels. And due to the portable nature of the cradle, it is easy to store away if you like to save on space or when not in use.
We all know that safety is a top priority when it comes to baby’s sleep, so you’ll be happy to know that the Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle meets all of the safety standards and only uses materials that meet FDA standards. Green Frog pride themselves on producing side sleepers with safety at the forefront of their minds.
Of course, being able to clean the material is essential. You can easily remove the aluminum frame and wash the fabric when you need to.
Buyers are leaving many 5 star reviews and comment on the beautiful color, the great size, and the ease of use. Making the Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle parent-approved.
- SAFETY FIRST: Low height and transparent mesh side windows ensures that you always have a view and easy reach of your baby, the gorgeous round windows also ensures plenty of airflow and ventilation.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND TRANSPORTABLE: Easy to move around the house just lift and glide on the custom designed wheels
- PREMIUM MATTRESS AND SHEET INCLUDED: Includes a Premium-Comfort mattress with just the right firmness for a newborn baby, along with a washable cotton slipcover sheet
- COMPLETELY WASHABLE: Fabric can be removed from the aluminum frame and washed
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Totally easy to assemble or take apart with snap-on legs and rockers, comes with a gorgeous Green Frog carrying bag for on-the-go
BABYBJORN has been a name in the baby industry for many years, and it is no surprise that their cradles are of a high standard too. This compact cradle has a gentle rocking motion designed to help your baby sleep peacefully. The soft rock and bounce movement are similar to that of a stroller, so if your baby enjoys a nice nap while you are out walking, then they will love this too.
The cradle has a relatively low height, which means it is perfect for checking in on your baby while they sleep peacefully. And, as it is so lightweight, it is easy to move from room to room as you need. The durable foot grip keeps the cradle steady and won’t damage your flooring.
The BABYBJORN cradle is designed with excellent airflow in mind, the mesh sides ensure this. There are no loose parts or bars, which means it is super soft and very well-formed too. The fabric is waterproof. However, it can all be removed and washed in a standard washing machine. It is recommended that you allow the cradle cover to air-dry before putting it back together.
There are a number of accessories that you can purchase to go with the BABYBJORN Baby Cradle, including the correctly fitted sheets. Which are designed for the mattress and have been safety tested. You can also purchase a beautiful canopy, which makes the cradle more cozy for our baby. The light is then softly diffused and allows for a more comfortable sleep. The canopy is made from a sheer mesh fabric, so it fits with the style of the cradle.
Parents love this cradle because it is lightweight, sturdy, and beautiful. The gentle spring and rock motion is ideal to lull baby back to sleep, and you can rock it with minimum effort. Due to the simplicity of the design, it will work in any interior too.
- Lulls your baby to sleep with relaxing, gentle rocking movement
- JPMA Certified Product with low height and transparent mesh fabrics allowing for secure supervision of your baby
- Easy to move around the house so you can always have your child close to you day and night
- Soft, breathable and airy sides and simple design with no bars or loose parts to trap tiny hands or feet
- From newborn (8 lbs) to approximately six months (17 lbs);Legs: wood and steel
If you are looking for something a little larger, then the Simmons Kids Deluxe Gliding Bassinet is ideal. The super-soft bassinet has a gentle side to side rocking motion, which is a similar motion that they experienced while in the womb, and the mother was walking around in day to day life. It only takes a gentle push to get the rocking motion-activated too. Making it easy to use.
The activity mobile has a range of features designed to help you find what works best to help baby get to sleep. It has 3 preloaded lullabies. However, it is MP3-ready so you can play your own range of relaxing music for your baby instead. There is a soft glowing nightlight that provides comfort to the baby should they wake during the night, or may help them settle down in the evenings when they are initially placed in the bassinet. And, plush lambs that slowly spin to provide baby something to look at if they are awake.
For extra convenience, the bassinet is fitted with a storage basket underneath. This handy storage space can hold diapers, baby wipes, cream, and other outfits too. Making it very easy to have everything you need at arms-length, for those middle of the night and early morning changes.
The frame is lightweight and has lockable wheels so that you can secure it in position. And the mobile is attached via a swivel arm so it can easily be moved to ensure easy access to baby.
An added extra comes in the form of vibration. Some babies prefer vibration to rocking motions, and the Simmons Kids Deluxe Gliding Bassinet has that option. And a fitted sheet is provided.
Parents love how it looks and features like the mobile, storage, and how sturdy it is once put together. The main criticisms are that the vibration, lights, and music don’t last quite long enough, and the wheels and frame are too large to fit through some doorways. There are 5 different styles available, which means there is one for any style of interior or nursery.
- Recommended for babies up to 15 lbs. MP3-ready electronic mobile arm with spinning lamb toys, variable speed vibration, calming nightlight and relaxing music
- Easy access to baby with an adjustable, removable canopy and movable mobile with swivel arm Assembled dimensions: 34"L x 30.5"W x 54"H
- Soothing side-to-side gliding rock motion Includes a fitted sheet and a 1" water-resistant, memory foam pad
- Large storage basket underneath provides ample storage for all things baby Five adjustable height positions
- Locking casters make it easy to move from room-to-room Requires three C batteries (not included) JPMA certified and meets or exceeds all ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
If you are looking for a light and portable bassinet that is sleek in design, super breathable, and ideal for traveling, then the Chicco LullaGo Primo is perfect. And, while the bassinet is light and great for traveling, it is also sturdy and durable.
The Chicco LullaGo Portable Bassinet had see-through sides, which means that you can easily see your baby at any time. This also makes the bassinet extra ventilated. And, for extra comfort, it has a large soft memory foam mattress. The mattress has a zip-and-wash pad, and a bonus fitted sheet, which is and extra-soft knited fabric.
If you like to jet off for last-minute weekends away, or even longer holidays, the snap-on metal lets aid you in the speed of breakdown and reassembly. It also makes it easy to store. You’ll find a travel carry bag in the box with two sturdy straps to make carrying the bassinet simple and easy.
For extra interest, there is a cute canopy that has two soft birds hanging from it. The canopy is half made from mesh, so you can peer in to see the baby without having to disturb them, or stand directly over the bassinet.
All of the fabric is easy to remove and can be washing in the washing-machine, though like most it should be air-dried rather than put in the dryer.
What do parents love about it? They love that it is a little bit deeper than it looks, meaning baby has room to grow and that it has a storage pocket that fits a spare sheet, or perhaps an extra diaper or outfit. The disassembly takes minutes, and putting it back together is equally as quick. And, that can be moved quickly from room to room is a big bonus.
Here is a great video on the Chicco LullaGo Cradle:
- Large memory foam mattress with zip-and-wash pad and bonus Fitted Sheet
- Mesh side panels provide visibility and ventilation
- Snap-on metal legs for fast and easy setup and storage
- Flat fold and included carry bag for travel and storage
- All fabrics are removable and machine-washable
This beautiful cradle has a very traditional style and feel. And, while it is on the larger side, it is designed with the growth of the baby in mind. It has a baby-safe, non-toxic finish and comes in 5 different colors. The arched foot and headboards are beautifully finished and give a very classic feel. It rocks at a steadier pace than many other cradles on the market too.
If you don’t like the idea of a rocking cradle but find the design beautiful, you’ll be happy to know it comes with support pins fitted so that the cradle will be stable and not move.
All of the edges are smooth, and so are the corners, and it is ergonomically designed too.
The Dream On Me Rocking Cradle comes with a mattress pad. You can purchase a range of brands in terms of fitted sheets, so it gives a lot of choices.
It is recommended that once your baby can roll or push themselves up, they no longer use the Dream On Me Rocking Cradle.
Parents love this cradle for a range of reasons. It is easy to assemble for most people, and they love the classic style. While the Dream On Me Rocking Cradle is spacious, it doesn’t take up too much space when next to the bed. Although most reviews do recommend that you replace the mattress that it comes with and swap it for something more suitable. Because of the traditional design and sturdiness, this cradle is something that could be kept and used again – or passed down to others.
- The product is supposed to rock smoothly and unlike swing, it rocks to a steady pace
- Arched head and footboards, comes complete with slumber pad
- Non-toxic finish
- The cradle can also be made stationary using the simple support pin on one side of the cradle
- Recommended for use with newborns to 20 pounds or until baby can roll from side to side or push up
Top Baby Cradle Features To Consider
- Ventilation – As adults we sleep better when air can flow freely around our bed. Infants and newborns do as well. Air flow is important for safety reasons as well, but those same mesh fabrics that allow air flow also provide for easy monitoring from a distance. Being able to see your baby sleeping soundly, or maybe beginning to stir, can be helpful to set your mind at ease.
- Rocking – If you want to be able to rock your baby while they are in the cradle then this is an option you’ll need to look for. Not all baby cradles offer this feature, while some models will provide both stationary and rocking configurations so you can use your cradle either way.
- Portability – This is a big benefit for us, as a quality cradle can serve as a day bed for your napping newborn. Moving your large crib around the house is all but impossible, and becomes entirely unnecessary if you find the best cradle for your baby. Aside from moving the baby cradle throughout your home, some of the top baby cradle models can really help by providing your little one a place to rest when you are visiting friends and family outside the home.
- Easy Assembly – Setting up furniture for your kids can get pretty demanding, depending on the designs. And having an extra pair of helping hands isn’t always realistic. Fortunately, some of the best baby cradles offer easy assembly, as well as disassembly. This aspect becomes important if you need to transport your baby cradle to another house, and the cradle doesn’t easily fit in your vehicle.