Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Diaper Changing Tables Reviewed
Certain tasks are worth planning for, and if there was one task that everyone prefers to get done sooner than later – that would be changing diapers.
We all love our babies and as cute as that little babe is, having a proper diaper changing table at the ready can make everything about a diaper change much easier.
When you are looking for the best diaper changing table it’s worthwhile to consider exactly what will suit your needs as well as your home décor.
To help you in that effort, the Mommy On Demand team reviewed five of the best changing tables that are also some of today’s most popular models.
You might be surprised with some of details that our seasoned mommy’s brought up during the review process. There are some important points worth considering before you settle on a baby changing table.
Check out the full review below, or you can see a quick comparison in our helpful chart below!
Top Changing Table Features To Consider
- Storage – Your changing table should hold everything you need to make changing your baby as easy as possible. Making a dash across the house with a naked baby because you’ve run out of diapers or wipes can prove very messy. In general, lacking supplies is not going to work out in your favor. Having ample storage and a good backup supply is important.
- Safety – Safely changing an infant on any raised surface requires your undivided attention. We don’t even want to think about risking a fall, so attentiveness is of primary concern. With that said, the changing table you purchase does have a role to play in the safety department. Considering a full safety rail and a restraining strap will go a long way toward keeping your wiggly babe safely in place.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Attractive furniture is well worth spending a little bit of money on. Classy looking furniture adds so much appeal to a baby’s nursery and future bedroom. Many of the models we reviewed are also offered in a variety of colors, so you can bolster your nursery’s color scheme and décor.
- Dual Use – Selecting a changing table that can double as a changing dresser table keeps baby clothes within easy reach. Changing diapers can get messy unexpectedly, and sometimes not so unexpectedly. Diaper blow-outs are almost guaranteed at some point, and having a quick change of clothes nearby is helpful. And as your child grows, you can easily remove the changing pad and transition over to a convenient children’s dresser.
- Shelves vs. Drawers – Having supplies out in the open on shelving allows you to see exactly diaper changing items are stored, and also what you might be running out of. Quick access can also make things really easy to find. On the other hand, shelves also make those same supplies easy to reach when your baby transitions into walking. With that in mind, one of the benefits of a changing dresser table is keeping things away from curious eyes and hands. And as we mentioned previously, drawers are also more applicable when it comes time to transition to a proper dresser.
Top Changing Table Comparison Chart
Best Changing Tables For Babies
If you’re looking for a versatile piece of furniture for your baby’s nursery, the Storkcraft Avalon 6 Drawer Universal Dresser is likely to appeal. This traditional dresser can be used for storage purposes, as well as for changing diapers and getting babies ready.
Available in a range of colors, including black, espresso, cherry, white, and gray, this is a piece that will complement any theme or colorway perfectly. From modern, minimalist nurseries to more rustic styles, the Storkcraft Avalon dresser is ideally suited to every space.
Many parents find changing diapers much easier and more comfortable when they have a changing table. You can keep your baby in a set place while you get them changed or fit a new diaper, and you can find a comfortable position that won’t hurt your back.
With the Storkcraft baby changing table, you also have the benefit of being able to use the unit as a dresser or chest of drawers and a changing station. All you have to do to transform the chest into a changing table is place a changing table pad on the top.
Storage is often in short supply when it comes to designing nurseries, and every parent knows that babies have a huge amount of stuff. With this unit, you can take advantage of ample storage, with six large drawers that are ideal for vests, baby clothes, diapers, and bedding. As children grow, you can simply remove the changing pad and use the dresser to store clothing.
In addition to its versatility, the Storkcraft Avalon dresser is also a very attractive piece. Featuring a sleigh design, this changing table will add style and elegance to every nursery or bedroom. Storkcraft also manufactures a large range of bedroom and nursery furniture, so you can buy coordinating items.
While this dresser has received rave reviews from most parents, there are a few comments about the ease of assembly, with some suggesting that it can take around 2 hours to build. It may be worth bearing this in mind if you’re looking for a changing table that is simple and quick to build.
In summary, the Storkcraft Avalon 6 drawer dresser is a great piece for a children’s nursery or bedroom. This versatile unit can be used for storage purposes and converted into a changing station with the addition of a changing pad. Parents will love the flexibility this dresser offers, and it’s an excellent option for those looking for a set of nursery furniture or a unit that will match almost any other nursery set.
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN: The Storkcraft Avalon 6-Drawer Universal Dresser has an attractive sleigh design to bring a touch of elegance to any bedroom or nursery. This easy-to-assemble dresser is the perfect combination of elegant design & practical function.
- CO-ORDINATE YOUR STYLE: Designed to match any Storkcraft crib, glider, or change table, the Avalon bedroom dresser is ideal for organizing baby's clothes, socks, onesies, or even burp rags & diapers! Sturdy & functional, it fits seamlessly with any décor.
- ORGANIZATION MADE EASY: With 6 spacious drawers to fit clothes, accessories or toys, the Storkcraft Avalon Dresser will help you keep the nursery, toddler's room, or kid's room neat and organized. The stylish, sleek design will look beautiful for years.
- COMPLETE BEDROOM SOLUTION: Storkcraft manufactures products for the total infant, kid’s, or teen bedroom solution, including changing tables, dressers, glider rocker chairs, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds from brands like Graco, Thomasville, or Broyhill.
The South Shore Little Smileys Changing Table is a functional, practical changing unit, which makes the task of changing diapers and getting babies ready for bed simple and stress-free. Boasting a removable changing station, this useful chest provides plenty of storage for bedrooms and nurseries.
The South Shore Little Smileys changing dresser table has a simple, modern, sleek design, which will fit with any theme or style, and it has a range of drawer sizes for easy storage. The unit is ideal for storing everything from cloths, wipes and diapers to clothing, towels and bedding. There are also 2 open shelves, which are perfect for grabbing things on the go and locating wipes, lotions and diapers with minimal hassle.
One of the best things about this changing station is the design of the changing segment. This removable section is divided into two areas. One for baby, and one for all the items you need to perform a quick, seamless change. With this design, you can get creams, wipes, diapers, and clothes out before you position your baby on the mat, you have plenty of space to change your baby, and it’s very easy to tidy up afterwards. This dresser is available in white, chocolate, and gray oak.
Reviewers have suggested that for the price ($270), this is a good investment, but some have raised concerns about assembly time, missing pieces, and the quality of the drawer knobs.
Who should buy the South Shore Little Smileys changing table?
This modern, versatile unit is a fantastic option for parents looking for a practical, attractive piece of furniture, which doubles up as a changing station and a storage unit. Boasting an understated, chic design, this dresser will match any decor, and it has different drawer sizes, open shelves, and a segmented changing pad for easy access.
- Pure White wooden knobs
- The 2 open storage spaces are separated by 1 detachable shelf
- 2 drawer sizes, to meet all your storage needs: 3 large drawers on the left and a smaller one on the right
- Surface divided into 2 sections: one for laying baby down, and another that ensures easy access to everything you need
- Perfect for babies of up to 30 lb; Changing pad and accessories not included
When looking for the best changing table, many buyers will consider factors such as safety, stability, and versatility. The Davinci Autumn 4 Drawer Dresser ticks all the boxes, offering a robust base for swift, hassle-free changing.
This dresser is made from sustainable pine sourced from New Zealand, and it has a sturdy yet sleek design. A very simple chest, which boasts four drawers for storing clothing and bedding, this dresser will complement rooms of all styles and sizes. The removable changing station is available to buy separately, providing buyers with the option to switch from dresser to changing table in an instant.
Every parent knows all too well that children grow incredibly quickly, and this is a great investment that will suit all ages. Once babies have grown out of diapers and become toilet-trained tots, parents can remove the changing pad and use the dresser purely for storage purposes.
Safety is always a concern for parents, and this dresser meets national and international safety standards. The metal drawer glides have stop mechanisms and the unit undergoes a non-toxic finishing process for additional safety.
This dresser is compatible with the Autumn convertible crib, and it’s available in white, espresso, chestnut, and slate.
Is this the best diaper changing table for me?
This dresser scores highly among reviewers, and it’s a very functional and practical purchase. The design is sturdy and simple, there’s plenty of storage space available, and you can use the dresser as a chest of drawers once your children have grown up. Assembly is an issue, according to some reviews, but the vast majority agree that the effort is justified. If you’re looking for a stylish, durable, versatile changing station that will last you for years, this could be a perfect choice for you.
- DURABILITY: 4 spacious drawers that can hold all the adorable baby clothes, blanket, and more. NEW AND IMPROVED with thicker drawer bottoms to make it sturdier and long-lasting
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Changing station now. Big kid dresser later! This dresser is designed so that you can add a DaVinci changing tray (#M0219) to use as a convenient changing station during the baby years
- SMOOTH GLIDE: Pre-installed ball-bearing drawer glides that make opening the drawers easy even when your hands are full with baby; ROUNDED WOODEN KNOBS: This dresser features stylish, wooden knobs that are rounded to prevent injuries when your baby starts crawling and walking around
- EASY ASSEMBLY: We've done the hardest part for you! Drawer glides come pre-assembled so that you can put your dresser together more quickly and start enjoying your nursery sooner; QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pinewood and TSCA compliant engineered wood -only the best for your baby
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe. Rest assured knowing it exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. Stop mechanism and anti-tip kit included for additional safety
If safety is your number one priority, the Dream On Me Marcus Changing Table and Dresser is likely to turn your head. This changing table comes with a safety rail and a restraining strap to keep your baby safe and sound while you change diapers and clothing.
As well as providing additional safety features, the Dream On Me Marcus changing table is also eye-catching, with a stylish design, which will complement both modern and traditional nurseries. A solid, robust piece, this chest ticks the style and substance boxes.
The Dream On Me Marcus changing table and baby dresser has 3 large drawers, which are ideally suited to storing clothes, sheets, cloths, wipes, and diapers, and you can remove the changing pad in a matter of seconds. Once your baby has grown out of diapers, this unit makes a really useful storage chest for your child’s clothes, and it should cater for your needs for years to come.
This versatile piece of nursery furniture comes in 8 different colors, and at under $200, it offers great value for money. There are a couple of negative reviews, largely due to the fact that buyers received incomplete inventories. If you do buy this unit, make sure you check you have all the pieces before you start building.
Who should buy the Dream On Me Marcus changing table?
If you’re searching for a changing table and dresser in one that offers enhanced safety features and boasts an attractive aesthetic, you can’t go wrong with the Dream On Me Marcus changing table. This is also one of the cheapest options on the list, so it’s an excellent option for those on a budget.
- safety rail 1" changing pad & restraining strap with easy release buckle to secure baby safely in place
- 3 easily accessible, spacious drawers All tools for assembly included. Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard
If you’re on the hunt for a budget-friendly changing table, which offers plenty of storage and ample space for changing, you may like the look of the Badger Basket Sleigh Baby Changing Table.
This unit has a dedicated changing space, with four safety rails that surround the removable changing pad. Beneath, there are shelves, which are fitted with 6 pull-out baskets. The baskets, which are two different sizes, are designed to store toiletries, diapers, and wipes. Each basket has a label slot to make organization a breeze.
The Badger Basket changing table comes with a removable foam changing pad and safety straps, and the baskets are colored to match the chest. There is a range of color options available, including black, ecru, and cherry.
Priced at $126, this is considerably less expensive than other changing dresser tables on the market, and some buyers have noted that the quality isn’t as impressive as other products. The design is more basic, and some parents may prefer to have drawers, rather than baskets. For the price, it’s a handy investment that will make changing easier, but it may not offer the longevity some parents are looking for.
- Ample room for diaper changing on top with six storage baskets in two sizes included below
- Fully removable baskets have front handles and pull out easily
- Safety rails enclose all four sides of the changing area
- Includes foam changing pad and safety belt
- Wipe and spot clean as needed