Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Booster Car Seats Reviewed
Safety is always going to be the primary concern of any parent, and there are few situations where that’s truer than when you’re out on the road.
Making sure that your child is safe and comfortable in the car is always important.
Making this a reality means that they need the right booster seat. A booster seat is a legal requirement for any child under a certain age or weight. However, trying to find the right seat for your child can be something of a challenge. After all, there are so many options out there that trying to find the best booster seat for your child can be pretty overwhelming.
The most important thing to remember about any booster seat is that you’re not only choosing the seat that’s going to keep your child as secure and comfortable as possible, but that the booster seat you choose is fully compliant with all of the current laws and regulations. Otherwise, you’re not only putting your child at risk but you’re also putting yourself at risk of legal trouble.
It’s a bit of a balancing act to provide safety and comfort, while also meeting all legal requirements. It’s important do your research when trying to figure out what kind of booster seat your child needs.
To help you get a better sense of what you’re looking for, Mommy On Demand reviewed 5 of the top booster seats to help you find the best booster seats for your child.
Top Booster Car Seat Features To Consider
- Safety – Any quality booster seat design has to start with safety as the primary focus. The ability to absorb impact from any direction, while keeping your child safe and secure, is a performance feature that you will only find in the very best booster seats models. They all advertise as offering impact protection to some degree, but the top options just do it better. Booster seat harness systems add a lot to the overall safety of your child, so a wide range of adjustment can keep your child more safe as they grow.
- Versatility – Since safety requirements change as your child grows, its important that your booster seat can adapt to maintain the best interests of your child’s safety. And when your child out-grows the safety harness, versatile booster seats with removable harness systems can prevent the need for another purchase. That option alone can provide significant savings over time.
- Comfort – You really want to look carefully at this aspect of a booster seat. Just one example would be finding out that a booster seat doesn’t recline, and causes your child’s head to tip while napping. That would be less than ideal, to say the least. Other features that add to comfort are padding, cup holders, padded harness systems, and breathable fabrics.
- Booster Seat Age Requirements – When a child can stop using a booster seat is regulated differently from state to state. Finding those requirements is usually very easy through your state website. With that said, just because your child can be out of a booster seat doesn’t mean that it is the safest option. A safety harness will usually provide more security and safety compared to a lap belt. So referring to your state booster seat laws is important to avoid fines, but keeping your child’s safety in mind is paramount.
Top Booster Seat Comparison Chart
Best Booster Seats
The most obvious selling point of the Britax Frontier ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat is the sheer level of comfort that it affords to your child. Using Britax’s Cool Flow technology, this booster seat has ventilated mesh fabric that improves airflow and helps to keep your child cool, something that’s pretty much essential in the summer months. Not only that but the padded seat and headrest both ensure the most comfortable ride possible that will make sure that they stay happy even during long journeys.
The Britax Frontier ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat is also one of the safest booster seats available thanks to 2 strong layers of side energy absorption thanks to foam-lined shell and head protection that makes sure that your child is properly shielded from harm in the event of a major collision. Not only that but the patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection System includes a steel frame, an energy-absorbing base, a V-shaped tether that minimized seat rotation and staged release stitches that help to reduce forward movement during a crash which helps to keep your child stable and secure. This kind of all-around safety is a great way to put your own mind at rest when you’re out on the road.
It’s also incredibly simple and easy to both install and adjust the Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat. The ClickTight Installation System means that it’s about as quick and easy and putting on a seatbelt to install the booster seat and the quick-adjust harness grows alongside your child with 9 different positions to ensure that they’re always as comfortable and secure as possible. Not only that but as your child goes it’s also easy to switch from a harness to a belt-positioning booster. All you need to do is to tuck the buckles and straps into the seat itself.
- Looking for Frontier? Check out our newest harness to booster car seat Grow with You ClickTight.
If you’re looking for a booster seat with all the bells and whistles you could possibly want then the Chicco MyFit LE Harness Booster Car Seat may well be a perfect choice.
Featuring two separate modes to accommodate your growing child from age 2 to age 10, the Chicco My FIT Le Harness Booster Car Seat is one of the most versatile car seats available. The seat includes 4-position recline and 9-position headrest which means that you’re able to adjust it to suit your child and ensure that, even on the longest car journeys, they’re sure to stay comfortable and relaxed the entire time. Not only that but the contoured design and Ergo Boost double foam padding mean that you can be sure that your child is being supported in all the right places no matter what.
With built-in snack and cup holders, you can rest assured knowing that your little one will have everything they need for those long journeys as well.
Of course, just because they put a lot of effort into making the Chicco My FIT Le Harness Booster Car Seat as comfortable and pleasant as possible for your child doesn’t mean that they’ve skimped on the safety features. The seats Duo Guard provides 2-layers of protections with a rigid shell and energy-absorbing EPS foam. Not only that but it also has 2 zones of side impact protection for your child’s torso and head.
This seat really could not be any easier to install either. Whether you choose the premium super Cinch LATCH or the slide & lock technology, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to easily install the seat and can rely on a fully secure install every time.
- Duo Guard 2-layers Rigid Shell with energy absorbing steel reinforcement PLUS 2 Zones Side Impact protection for Head & Torso
- Rest assured with 4-Position true recline and 9-Position headrest to support proper posture for every car ride
- Premium connectors and a Super Cinch tightened help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
- Ergo Boost double foam padding and contoured seat design provide support in all the right places
- RideRight bubble levels make it easy to verify angle in vehicle seat ; Premium connectors and SuperCinch tightener for installation with LATCH
If it’s versatility you’re looking for, you can’t go wrong with the Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3 in 1 Harness Booster Car Seat. The real selling point of this seat is the fantastic 3-in-1 design that it offers. Rather than having to buy a new seat as your child grows, this seat can adapt to their growing body from toddler to youth easily. It starts out as a forward-facing harness booster seat that supports your child with a 5-point harness. You can then adjust it into a high-back, belt-positioning booster. And finally, you can remove the back support to turn it into a backless booster seat, perfect for older children.
As you adjust this seat, the Safe Adjust harness allows you to adjust both the harness and the headrest to the needs of your child incredibly quickly and easily. Installing the seat is just as simple whether you plan on using the seatbelt or the LATCH system. Both options are totally safe though you do want to be careful about using them both at the same time.
With a 3-position recline feature, you can be sure that your child is always comfy and personal cup holder and storage compartment lets them keep the things they need close to hand.
This seat has also been rigorously side-impact tested to ensure the safety of your child in the event of any accidents or collisions out on the road.
- One-hand, 5-position adjustable headrest is easy to use and adapts for your growing child
- Keeps your child in a booster up to 120 pounds for longevity of use, in keeping with American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations
- Fuss Free harness storage holds the buckle out of the way, so it’s easy to get baby in and out. Harness straps may be spot cleaned
- Body support helps keep your child comfy.5-Point Harness Mode Height:27-49 inches
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster mode
Simplicity and convenience is the name of the game here. The Maxi-Cosi Rodifix Booster Car Seat might not have all of the bells and whistles that some of the other booster seats have but what it lacks in additional features, it more than makes up for in comfort, safety, and incredibly durable construction.
With premium cushioning, that provides the best possible levels of comfort for your child and it reclines to help them fully relax. While the adjustable headrest includes plush side wings that grow alongside your child. Not only that but the padding is easily removable and is even machine washable and dryer safe. This extra layer of convenience might not seem like much but considering the amount of mess kids are known for making, it’s something of a godsend.
Another fantastic feature of the Maxi-Cosi Rodifix Booster Car Seat is the level of autonomy and freedom that it offers to your child. It has been specifically designed so that it’s as easy as possible for older children to buckle themselves. It’s the perfect choice to help make sure that your child is fully happy in their new role as a big kid! This is also another feature that brings a whole lot of extra convenience into your life now that you no longer have to worry about wrestling with your child’s seatbelt every time you want to get them into the car.
- Belt-positioning booster 40-120 pounds and up to 57″
- Premium cushioning for ultimate comfort
- Easily removable pad is machine washable and dryer safe
- Rigid LATCH connectors provide the easiest and quickest installation and ensure that the seat stays secure in the vehicle
- Air Protect for superior side impact protection
If you’re looking to ensure that your child is always as happy and comfortable as possible, even on the longest, most uneventful car journeys then there are few better options than the Britax Highpoint Belt-Positioning Booster Seat. With a headrest that adjusts to 10 different positions for maximum comfort that adapts to your child’s growth, breathable knit fabrics that offer them the softest possible ride, and Cool Flow ventilated meshes that maximise the amount of airflow that they’re getting and ensure that they are able to stay cool and comfortable no matter what kind of weather conditions you’re dealing with.
Of course, comfort doesn’t come at the cost of safety. With 3 layers of side impact protection, that even include external impact cushions, you can be sure that your child is always as safe as possible when they’re in the back seat, even in the event of any kind of crash or collision when you’re on the road.
Not only that but the sleek and vibrant design of the Britax Highpoint Belt-Positioning Booster Seat means that it’s by far one of the most stylish choices available to you.
- Easy installation: Color coded belt guides ensure proper seat belt positioning and the push button lower connectors secure the booster seat to the vehicle when not in use
- Cool Flow: mesh and knit fabrics give your child a cool, comfortable ride
- Ride comfortably: 10 Position quick adjust headrest grows along with your child and soft, breathable knit fabrics keep your child comfortable
- Surrounded in safety: 3 layers of side impact protection featuring external impact cushions
- Removable Cup Holders: Keep drinks and snacks close at hand; dishwasher safe