Best Baby Swing For Sleeping Reviews
How would we ever get anything done without a baby swing? Just getting lunch together would be all but impossible!
Baby swings have changed a lot over the past ten years and very much for the better. The features and technology has grown leaps-and-bounds making baby swings all the more comfortable and impressive.
That’s why we reviewed five of the best baby swings that are sure to meet the needs of today’s parents.
Which features make for the best baby swing for sleeping are really going to vary depending on what you and your baby like. There are a lot of baby swing designs and we reviewed a good variety below.
You can dive right in to our review, but we have also put together a list of baby swing features to consider which we hope are helpful. If you want the quick answers, we also included a comparison chart below.
Top Baby Swing Features To Consider
- Adjustable Recline – Having the ability to adjust the recline position is really nice for keeping your baby comfortable. This goes beyond just when your baby is sleeping. Reflux is super common with newborns, so a seat that can be fairly upright will provide more comfort after feedings. And as your bundle grows and starts enjoying sitting up, having a supportive seat will help develop coordination and strength.
- Washable – Some baby swings feature covers that can only be removed if you have a degree in mechanical engineering. Even if your baby doesn’t make a huge mess it’s still nice to be able to easily remove the cover and give it a wash. Not to mention, it’s a neccessity if your baby has a diaper blow-out or if you need to clean up a messy spill.
- Not Just For Newborns – The best baby swings aren’t just designed for newborns. As your baby grows your baby swing needs to be able to grow to suit your needs. Sometimes you’ll need to purchase a separate newborn insert for better support in the early months. In the future you can remove the insert from the baby swing to provide more room for growth and movement.
- Plugin vs Batteries – We really like to have options in this department. Batteries are really nice for the sake of portable use or when you need to travel somewhere. But constantly replacing batteries can make for a really expensive swing for baby. You will save a lot of money if you can plug in the baby swing the majority of the time.
- Sounds & Music – When we had our first baby, it didn’t take us long to realize that the sound of the vacuum helped our baby girl fall asleep nearly instantly. White noise or music in combination with the soothing motion of a top rated baby swing will have your bundle sleeping soundly. Sounds and music also help to drown out background noises that might otherwise interrupt nap time.
- Smart Controls – Some baby swings can be controlled from a distance with smart controls. This is a really nice feature brought about by modern technology. Connecting your baby swing to your smart phone app can allow you to control the motion and sound from another room. So if you are in the kitchen or trying to cook, keeping your baby entertained until you are able to step away is very helpful.
Top Baby Swings Comparison Chart
Best Baby Swing For Sleeping
The 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing is not so much a swing but a throne for your child. It comes with practically every comfort that your baby could wish for if they were able to express their needs.
The primary purpose of the baby swing is to simulate the action of the parent. The device runs on a motor designed to move as you do, swinging from side to side in a natural way. The gentle swinging helps to soothe your child, making them more likely to snooze off – if that’s what they need.
The swing makes life easier for parents by taking away the need to have to walk up to it to operate it. 4moms includes Bluetooth connectivity as standard, allowing you to hook up your device and the companion app and control the device remotely. The number of baby rocking options is astounding. You can adjust the type of motion (back to front, side to side and others), the volume of the music, the kind of music you want to play, and the speed the swing moves. The mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing lets you play around with settings from the comfort of your chair or bed until you find the combination that seems to hit the spot.
4moms seems to understand something that a lot of baby swing manufacturers do not – that every baby is different. While most swings operate in a set pattern, the mamaRoo lets you customize the experience for your child through trial and error. If one particular mode of settings doesn’t work, you’re free to try another. What’s nice about this entire experience is that it helps parents learn about their babies. You quickly find out what soothes them and sends them to sleep, allowing you to replicate the action of the swing in different settings.
Lastly, the 4moms mamaRoo swing has a large, sturdy base, making it difficult for you or anyone else to knock the rocker over accidentally.
Here is a great video on the MamaRoo 4:
- 5 unique motions & speeds
- Bluetooth Enabled - control motion & sound
- 4 built in sounds & MP3 plug-in
- Smooth, woven nylon material
- Machine washable seat fabric
When Graco designed their Sense2Soothe Baby Swing, they had different objectives in mind. Instead of building something that was classic in design, the company wanted to perfect the high tech baby swing.
The Sense2Soothe Baby Swing provides Cry Detection Technology and multiple types of motion for your baby. It has three adjustable swing speeds, two vibration settings, and a rocker you can carry. The idea is to let you play around with different combinations and movements until you find one that your baby likes.
While it doesn’t have the adjustability of the 4moms, the portable rocker adds functionality, allowing you to lift and rock your baby away from the base.
Graco also provides choice additions that are primarily comfort features, such as plush cushions and luxurious fabric. The company wants to make your baby feel like a million dollars before they’ve even learned about the concept of money.
Graco designed their system to last as your baby grows. Infants grow enormously during the first year or life. The Sense2Soothe Baby Swing, therefore, has a body-support you can remove as your child gets larger. The portable rocker will support babies up to a height of thirty inches.
Because of its simple and sturdy design, the Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing is for parents who want a product that will last. The rocker is surprisingly durable and well-constructed as well as easy to set up. Your baby will spend a lot of time in the baby rocker, so it’s well worth investing in something that will provide them with supreme comfort and keep them happy during the first few months of life.
- Multi-direction seat offers more ways to soothe
- 3 adjustable swing speeds ensure finding just the right soothing pace to fit baby's preference
- Vibration with 2 speed settings so baby will remain soothed and content
- 3-position recline means finding just the right angle to keep baby comfortable
- Choose from white noise, nature sounds, or music to help soothe and amuse baby
The Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing looks like a baby’s paradise. The plush, machine-washable fabric, multiple swing settings, and the ability to pipe music make it a superstar product. The design of the Snugabanny is different from what we’ve seen so far. Fisher-Price decided to go with a model in which the cradle hangs vertically from a large, supportive metal frame. The frame encompasses the swing on all sides, minimizing the chance of the entire thing falling over, even if you knock into it hard.
The cradle itself is adorned with plush upholstery which allows your baby to nestle comfortably. Above the cradle you can place hanging toys for entertainment. A rotatable swing arm holds onto the cradle, allowing you to adjust its position and change the direction of motion for the child, either back and forth or side to side.
Fisher-Price also includes what they call “sensory” support. The baby rocker comes with a range of pre-installed music and sounds designed to help develop your baby’s hearing and get them accustomed to listening to music. The sounds provide a sense of security, helping the child feel more secure while in the baby swing, even if you’re out of the room.
The Fisher-Price baby cradle swing, therefore, is for mothers who want to ensure that their child can relax throughout the day. The swing offers a variety of entertainment and, thanks to unique fabric, is easy to clean. The swing helps your child drift off into a deep and relaxing sleep.
- Two swinging motions to help soothe baby: rock baby side to side like a cradle or swing head to toe like a traditional baby swing
- Six swing speeds, 16 songs, soothing nature sounds. Max. weight: 25 lbs
- Two position recline with 3 adjustable seat positions: right facing, center, left facing
- Easy to convert to different swing positions-just press button and turn
- Machine washable seat cover with deluxe My Little Snugabunny body insert and bunny ears head support
Graco’s objective for the Duetsoothe Swing and Rocker is clear. The company wanted to create a two-in-one product that would satisfy the rocking needs of even the fussiest babies. The Duetsoothe baby soother swing is both a swing and a rocker, combining them in a clever way.
One of the best features of the Duetsoothe is the fact that you don’t have to lift your baby out of the rocker to take them with you to a new room. All you do is detach the swing, lift, and carry your baby with you as if they were in a basket.
Ergonomically, the Duetsoothe is impressive. The company has taken pains to ensure that the handle on the baby rocker is just the right shape for carrying your baby from, say, the nursery to the kitchen for mealtimes.
The rocker itself comes with a plethora of options. You can choose, for instance, whether to plug it in or use batteries for operation and choose between a variety of swing speeds, depending on your child’s moods. Like the other products we’ve reviewed so far, you also have full control over vibration and music settings. Graco includes two vibration speed settings, five natural sounds you’d find in nature (like the sounds of the forest) and ten melodies. Each of the sounds the rocker creates is specifically designed to induce a state of calm and relaxation.
Graco has put a lot of effort into making the mechanical aspect of the rocker as silent as possible. The company wanted to make a baby swing that could immediately put babies to sleep, but the whirring of motors is unlikely to help with that. The Duetsoothe does make some noise while in motion, but it is surprisingly quiet compared to many other similar products on the market. What’s more, when the sound is playing, you can’t hear anything at all. This is one of the top-rated baby swings on the market.
- 2 products in 1: Removable infant swing seat doubles as a rocker
- 3 seating positions so baby can sway side-to-side or swing front-to-back
- Rocker carry-handle allows you to keep baby by your side
- Option to plug-in or use batteries. Rocker is for babies from 5-1/2 to 30 lb. (birth to 18 months)
- Swing and rocker features vibration with two speed settings to keep baby relaxed
When Ingenuity was designing the DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing, it’s clear that they wanted to make the best baby swing for small spaces. The design is surprisingly compact, making it the ideal addition for those with more modest homes. The device saves space while keeping your baby calm and comfortable.
The fact that the Ingenuity baby soother swing is small doesn’t mean that it’s not packed with features – far from it. In fact, this is one of the most feature-rich baby swings that we’ve seen.
The DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing comes with a variety of functions designed to help make it easier for your baby to fall asleep. One of the most impressive is the automatic and adaptive swinging technology. The device will change the speed at which your baby swings depending as they grow. The larger the baby, the slower the motion. Ingenuity claims that this helps to increase comfort and that it will all happen without you having to do anything.
Like the other swings that we’ve seen in this review, the DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing also moves in multiple directions, with three distinct swing options. It also comes with vibration control.
While the focus of the majority of products in this review is on settings, Ingenuity focuses heavily on fabric. The DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing employs a material that not only keeps your baby warm but also allows them to stay cool too. No matter how many vibration or music settings you have on your swing, a hot baby isn’t a happy baby.
The DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing, therefore, is for parents and babies who do not have a large amount of space and live in hotter climates. The combination of the compact design and distinctive, easy-cool technology make this a must-have swing.
- Safe space for baby to keep calm and comfortable
- Swing in cooler comfort with breathable, machine-washable fabrics
- AC adapter saves money - and headaches - on batteries
- Suitable for babies from zero months plus from newborn to up, weighing upto 20 pounds
- Includes light up mobile and gentle music. 6 swing speeds to adjust as baby grows