Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Baby Cribs For 2020 Reviewed
If you are planning a nursery for your newborn, then you might have noticed that there are not many local crib stores today. You’ll certainly need a baby crib for your little bundle, but the majority of your crib shopping is likely to be done online.
But that presents a problem: finding the best baby cribs based on a tiny picture online is not easy!
That’s why Mommy On Demand brings you our take on 5 of the best baby cribs for 2020. Whether you are looking for a convertible crib with changing table and storage, or a simple convertible crib, we want to help you find something you will love for years to come.
You really don’t want to assemble a crib in your baby’s nursery just to decide another model might better suit your needs. Deciding on the right baby crib is going to require that you are familiar with which features provide what you are looking for.
To help with that, we also assembled a list of the favorite features that parents found useful and like to see in their baby’s crib. And on top of that, we also designed a helpful comparison chart to make it super simple to visualize and compare the features of our top 5 nursery crib reviews.
Top Baby Cribs Features To Consider
- Safety – Safety is a great place to start. According to the CPSC, in June of 2011 new federal guidelines changed the way cribs are manufactured in the US. The guidelines eliminated traditional drop sides, improved slat strength, improved mattress support durability, made hardware stronger, and required tougher testing. The Consumer Product Safety Commission also recommends a few simple safety guidelines that can help to preserve you child’s safety while sleeping in their crib. Among those guidelines are: proper assembly according to manufacturers’ directions. Never place thick quilts or pillows in your baby’s crib, and avoiding use cribs older than 10 years or broken or modified cribs.
- Convertible – We highly recommend convertible cribs. The ability to convert your crib from baby crib, to toddler bed, to day bed, and eventually into to full-size bed with or without footboard maintains the look and color scheme that you loved when you first purchase your crib. It also saves you the time and expense of shopping for a new toddler bed in a few years, or a headboard and footboard when your child needs a big kid bed.
- Diaper Changer – Here is another really helpful feature that is easily to overlooked. If you have the space in your nursery, the addition of a diaper changer is a helpful piece of furniture that makes those night time diaper changes real easy. Not to mention, they look really classy. And when the days of diaper changing have passed, diaper changers can be removed and set aside for a stand alone crib or toddler bed.
- Storage – Being ready with extra sheets, diapers and wipes, or even some soothing ointments or powders can be a big help in your baby nursery. Instead of leaving the room, or searching a separate storage space, quality baby cribs often offer built-in storage space for convenient access. For those midnight diaper changes, you can keep extra diapers and supplies right at hand.
- Assembly – Proper assembly is vitally important for your child’s safety and to make sure your investment lasts for the long term. Putting aside some time to properly assemble your crib is going to be a necessity. None of the top baby cribs come together quickly. Neither do the come pre-assembled. Besides, they wouldn’t fit through the door if they did! As a side note, if you are worried about the assembly of a baby crib with more features, like a convertible crib with changing table and storage, the additional assembly time is not vastly different. And most models have these additions assembled separately, so they can be added to your convertible crib as time allows.
Top Baby Cribs Comparison Chart
Best Baby Cribs For 2020
This Dream On Me Brody Convertible Crib goes from crib, to toddler bed, to day bed, to full-size bed with footboard, and a full-size bed without a footboard. This means that you have the bed that you need throughout your child’s life. So, if it’s value for money you’re after, this is certainly a good choice.
It is a beautifully constructed crib, which has a three-drawer changing table attached to it. The drawers are spacious, meaning you have plenty of space to keep all of your baby’s essential items.
Not only is this crib very useful and convenient, but it really looks great too. As far as classy looks go, this baby crib will really enhance your nursery or child’s bedroom.
You can also choose from a number of different color options as well, including white, pearl gray, natural, espresso, cherry, and black. There are a bundle of great features that you will get with this crib too, including a detachable changing table and a conversion kit that is sold separately. There are a gathering of other accessories you can choose from as well.
You also get four different level mattress supports that provide great convenience, as well as a stationary rail system, which ensures the crib is as safe as possible, giving you full peace of mind.
A custom-fit one-inch changing pad is used to furnish the changing table. This is not the only way that safety is thoughtfully considered. There is also a security strap, which has an easy release buckle that is designed to ensure your baby is kept securely in place during diaper changings.
Overall, there is clearly a lot to like about this crib, and so it is not hard to see why we have ranked this so highly when it comes to our top cribs. If you are in the market for a full-featured baby crib that provides a lot of value for your money, we highly recommend
- Cribs converts into a toddler bed, a daybed and full size bed. Toddler Guardrail, Stabilizer and Full Size Rail each sold separately. Bed frame and Mattress not included. Detachable changing table Conversion kit sold separately
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards. Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard 3 position mattress support system. Solid pine wood finish.
- All tools for assembly included. Assembled Dimensions: 69Lx33Wx39H. Product Weight: 103 lbs. Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
If you are looking for one of the most cost-effective cribs on the market today, the Storkcraft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer is definitely well worth considering.
This crib provides plenty of room for all of your baby’s needs. It also complies with ASTM and JPMA standards, as well as featuring a detachable baby nightstand or changer.
We were really impressed by the amount of space that this crib provides. You will have everything you need to keep all of your baby’s essentials nearby, as there are three shelves and three spacious drawers.
Plus, as the name suggests, this crib can be transformed into a collection of different bed settings.
Of course, you have the infant crib, but it can also be turned into a day bed, toddler bed, and adult bed. Because of this convertible feature you are going to be able to save yourself a good chunk of money because all of this is included with the original crib, meaning there is no added expense. The only extra is if you wish to purchase the metal bed frame for the adult bed conversion.
The detachable baby changer enables you to change your baby with ease and speed. There is also a safety belt, which will prevent your baby from rolling over and keeps them safe and sound.
There are three shelves for storing beneath the baby changer, which is the absolute perfect place for your baby’s clothes, diapers, and other belongings. These shelves are also roomy and big, making them helpful and accessible to use.
You can also place your meds, supplements, milk bottles and such like on the three shelves that are at the back of the drawers. But if you have little ones on the loose you might want to keep some of the more sensitive items high out of reach.
Being one of the most affordable convertible crib options on the market while also offering all the features found in today’s most popular models, the Storkcraft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib is a real-deal contender and should be high on anyone’s list for the best baby cribs.
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN: The Storkcraft Portofino Fixed Side Convertible Crib converts easily from crib to toddler bed/day bed & even full bed! This versatile crib will provide your child with a comfortable place to sleep from infancy through adolescence.
- ALL IN ONE: Designed with the convenience of an added changing station with a water resistant change pad, 3 drawers, open shelves, and a toddler rail included for conversion.
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: With adjustable mattress heights, the Storkcraft Portofino Convertible Crib will keep your baby safe and comfortable in a bed that will grow with them. This convertible, adjustable, versatile bed can last your child a lifetime (Mattress not included).
- ONLY ONE YOU NEED: With an assortment of modern finishes, Storkcraft baby cribs coordinate with any nursery décor. A Storkcraft crib could be the only bed you'll ever to purchase for your child, as they convert to multiple stages to grow with your child.
- COMPLETE BEDROOM SOLUTION: Storkcraft manufactures products for the total infant, kid’s, or teen bedroom solution, including changing tables, dressers, glider rocker chairs, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds from brands like Graco, Thomasville, or Broyhill.
Next, we have the DaVinci Jenny baby crib. This is Greenguard Gold certified and made using renewable New Zealand pine wood. For those who are unaware, the Greenguard Gold certification means that it is free of any dangerous chemicals and toxins, which will give you complete peace of mind.
You can also adjust the crib to suit your baby’s height when your little one starts to grow out of the infancy stages. The crib fits children until they begin climbing or they are up to 35-inches tall.
There are a number of stand-out features that we were impressed with. This includes the four adjustable mattress heights so you can ensure your little one cannot climb out of bed through properly adjustment for your child’s safety.
We also love the appearance of this crib, and the fact that it comes in a number of different color options. This means you will easily be able to find the perfect crib for your nursery or child’s room from the different options that are available.\
Safety is also clearly a priority with this crib, and that is something any parent will be pleased to know.
As well as being able to adjust this crib with ease, you can also transport it too. It has caster wheels, meaning it is easy to move around without a tremendous amount of effort.
It is also lightweight as well. It is a mobile unit, which only weighs 22 lbs. This means that parents of all sizes and builds should have no issue moving this crib around when needed.
It is really an easy crib to maintain and clean as well. In terms of assembling the crib, it is very straightforward. It comes with an assembly instructions manual, which has pictures and a write-up that can be followed with ease. It only took us around 35 minutes to assemble the crib.
It is also worth pointing out that the crib comes with wheels, but the wheels are optional. However they do add beauty and convenience to your crib.
You can move the crib around the room easily with the wheels in place. And even when the wheels are on, the crib is very sturdy, so you have little to worry about. Plus, you can always remove them whenever you feel you need to.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified - screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals
- Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards & includes 1-year warranty
- Converts to daybed and toddler bed (conversion kit sold separately)
- Four adjustable mattress positions, wheels included for mobility
- Made with sustainable New Zealand pine wood, and lead and phthalate safe, non-toxic
Next, we have the beautiful Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib. This crib is a design whereby modern comfort and classic elegance combine to stunning effect.
This is another crib that has a multifunctional design and so can be converted depending on your needs. Everything on the crib can be adjusted, from the transitions into a bigger bed to the mattress support.
Of course, one of the main areas of concern when buying a crib is safety. This crib certainly ticks all of the boxes in this regard. Aside from safety, there are a lot of other elements to love when it comes to this sort of crib.
The Delta Children Convertible Baby Crib grows as your child grows. In addition to this, it is easy to assemble and easy to convert into other formats.
It also offers excellent airflow through the crib. It is remarkably sturdy, provides adjustable mattress support, and it has a timeless design too.
It is also one of the more affordable cribs on the market today, which is great when you consider everything you are going to get in return for your cash.
We love the sleek style of this crib. It boasts an airy open design and exceptional construction. The back of the crib is closed from the top rail to the top of the arch and it is higher at the back than the front.
There are slats across the backside of the crib, and so it’s not fully enclosed. This is a good choice because it means the crib benefits from better airflow.
You can also choose from a natural color palette of non-toxic finishes when purchasing this crib. We definitely love the fact that they have gone for non-toxic finishes. The colors you can choose from include white, grey, and dark chocolate. These classic shades will go well in any room.
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Metal Bed Frame #0040 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time. Easy assembly
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 55.75 W x 30.25 D x 43.75 H Inches. Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately)
The DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard size crib. It adds stability and security through the stationary sides.
One of the best things about this crib is that it grows as your child grows. This is because it is convertible much like the others mentioned in this post. It converts from a toddler bed, into a daybed, and then into a full-size bed.
You won’t need to purchase a safety toddler guardrail in order to turn this crib into a toddler bed. It comes standard with the crib.
Typically, you need to purchase these separately in order to keep your toddler from rolling out of bed. You can remove this guardrail and use it as a daybed once your little one does not need a toddler bed anymore.
There are a lot of reasons why we included this crib in our review and why we recommend it so highly. This includes the fact that it meets all safety standards that are in place.
The DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is also easy to assemble and you can choose from a number of different colors. It boasts an adjustable mattress height, as well as an extremely durable and sturdy frame. You can also use it as a co-sleeper if you wish, and it represents great value for money too.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified:This product has been tested for over 10,000 chemicals! It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow. DaVinci is one of very few brands that offer this certification
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit #M3099 and full-size conversion kit #M4799 sold separately)
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of 100% solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood -only the best for your sweet baby
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe. Rest assured knowing it exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Kalani 3-Drawer Dresser & 6-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses