I made this Turkey Chili a few weeks ago when it was freezing outside. Of course life happened and now im just getting around to blogging about this Turkey Chili. This was my first time trying ground turkey. I have friends that have used ground turkey for everything so I thought I would give this Turkey Chili a try using ground turkey. Of course if you know me I like convenience and I tossed everything into the slow cooker. Which honestly is the best way and my only way to cook any kind of chili or soup.
With this being our first time trying ground turkey im still not sure if im hooked onto quite yet. I’m still thinking that I need to try a few more recipes to see if I like ground turkey over hamburger.
So im curious, do you prefer ground turkey or hamburger? What are some of your favorite recipes you like to make using ground turkey?
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper red, green, yellow or orange, I used half green and red
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 28oz can diced tomatoes, I used tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley
- green onion, garnish
- cheese, optional
- In a large pot cook ground turkey and onion until done. In your crock pot add broth, peppers, celery, beans, tomatoes and spices. Add in ground turkey and onions. Let flavors simmer together for 25-30 minutes. Top with cheese and green onion.