This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
With NFL season here that means we have lots of get together’s with the friends on Sunday and Monday. Or should I say my husband has lots of get together’s with his buddies. Personally I don’t really watch a lot of football and im never cheering for a certain team but one thing is for sure, I love going to the parties for the snacks and socializing with friends and family.
One of my favorite all time snacks to make are Muddy Buddies but this time I wanted to take them to whole new level then my usual recipe. I wanted everyone to be talking about these new Snickers Muddy Buddies at the snack table.
So while I as at my local Sams Club doing my weekly shopping trip I ended up grabbing a few of our favorite snacks for the game. I grab my 48 count Snickers Bars and a 105 variety pack of MARS candy bars (which included Snickers, Twix, M&M’s, 3 Musketeers and Milky Ways) They even make it convenient and have it all on the same isle.
Now this Recipe for Snickers Muddy Buddies is going to amaze you and all your NFL fans!
1. We need our Chex Cereal
2. We need dice up 8 Snickers bars
3. Then we need to melt the Snickers Candy bars with butter
4. Pour our melted candy bars on top of Chex cereal, Gently folding in and giving it an even coat. I did end up adding in some extra peanuts.
4. Place half of the Snicker’s Chex in a Ziploc bag with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and shake until well coated. Note: Let the Chex cool a few minutes before, I learned the hard way and melted my bag and lost some of my Chex to the dogs Or sprinkle in bowl and mix well
4. Lay Chex on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and let cool. I sprinkled a little extra powdered sugar on top.
5. This is optional but I chopped up some Snickers bars and added them into my Snickers Muddy Buddies.
- 6 cups Chex Cereal. I did half Corn and half Rice
- 8 full size Snickers Bars
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, optional
- 2 Snickers Bars diced, optional
- Place Chex cereal in large bowl. Cut up Snickers Bars into chunks, place in sauce pan with butter, stirring constantly until melted. Fold mixture into Chex slowly until completely covered. Add extra peanuts now if desired. Place mixture in Ziploc bag with powdered sugar and shake until evenly coated. Spread out on cookie sheet until cooled. Add in cut up Snickers bars for an added burst of flavor. Store in air tight container.
Now, let’s not forget about our other favorite candy bars that want to join our NFL party