Hi, Mommy on Demand readers! I’m glad to be back this month with another delicious recipe to share. If you are familiar with my blog, The Seasoned Mom, you know that I have a few of rules when it comes to cooking: (1) keep it simple and easy; (2) make it seasonal; and (3) be sure that it tastes delicious!
Last month I shared our recipe for Apple Cobbler Bars, which is still one of the best desserts that I’ve made all year. If you haven’t tried them yet, I encourage you to do so!
This month, with a cooler bite in the air, I thought that it would be appropriate to offer you a new weeknight dinner solution that is comforting, easy, and incredibly family-friendly. Kids love the little meatballs in this dinner, while moms love the ease of a hands-off Crock Pot recipe.
Serve this Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Stew with some garlic bread and you have a healthy, wholesome supper that will soon become a regular addition to your cool-weather dinner rotation!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ⅓ cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup marinara sauce (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen Italian-style vegetables (I used Birds Eye Steamfresh Italian Blend)
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, use hands to gently combine meatball ingredients. Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on top of carrots in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato paste, broth, marinara, seasoned salt, oregano, and basil. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Steam vegetables in microwave until crisp-tender. Stir vegetables into stew and serve.
[INSERT RECIPE and PHOTO #3]