Are you all excited that summer is right around the corner? I know we are!! I’m excited for the fun summer days that end with a late summer nights. Those summer nights where the temperature outside is perfect, the parents all sit around having a good time and the kids are running around and around way past there bed time and when bed time comes they simply pass out as they crawl in to bed.
The next best thing is grilling season is finally able to happen!! During the summer I bet we grill at least 2 times a week. Its perfect way to cook when the temperatures reach 100+ then my house stays nice and cool and im not spending a lot of time missing out on the fun outside.
This Monterey Chicken Recipe is one of our favorite’s to make. Its full of flavor and its simple to make. It puts a great twist on the normal Barbecue Chicken recipe. Your entire family will fall in love with this Monterey Chicken.
How can you really go wrong with cheese and bacon on top!
Just make sure you watch your grill. Because my 2 year old had fun turning the dial to high and slightly charred the beginning of my Monterey Chicken, luckily I was able to save dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 8 Tbsp BBQ sauce, we used Sweet Baby Rays
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Mix marinade together and place in Ziploc bag, add in chicken breasts and let marinade up to 8 hours 4 at the most. Fire up the grill and cook your chicken until juices run clear. Move chicken to the top grate in your grill. Add 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce to each breast, add cheese, bacon and green onion. Close lid and wait for cheese to melt, serve immediately.
LINKING TO THESE GREAT PARTIES