Honestly, Who doesn’t like muddy buddies? I’m very slowly trying to make all the Muddy Buddy versions I have seen online. While I was sitting at home enjoying my bag of Easter M&M’s and watching The Big Bang Theory I thought why not make some Easter Muddy Buddies and add some M&M’s into the mix.
I love Muddy Buddies because they are so easy very quick and easy to make! They are the perfect snack for the kids to help you make with out making a huge mess.
Well they did turn out great!
I covered my Chex in some yummy white chocolate. Then add in the Easter M&M’s for the burst of milk chocolate. It’s actually the perfect combo of white and milk chocolate. It would even be some more fun to add some sprinkles into the mix for some more added fun and some bright color.
- 4½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- ½ cup white chocolate baking chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp butter or Crisco
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup your favorite M&M's
- Place cereal in a bowl. In a small glass bowl add white chocolate baking chips, peanut butter and butter. Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute stir then cook an additional 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Pour mixture over Chex until evenly coated. Place Chex in a Ziploc bag and add powdered sugar; seal bag. Shake and shake some more until completely coated. Lay out on flat surface until completely cooled and dried. Next add in your favorite type of Candy. We added Easter M&M's and Easter Peanut M&M's
- Place cereal in medium bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place ½ of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.