I don’t know about you but I LOVE Olive Garden! Every time me and girl friends get together we always meet up at Olive Garden. I always and always get the Paste E Fagioli Soup with salad. Now now let’s not forget about the bread sticks and a side of alfredo dipping sauce! Great…now I
want need to go to Olive Garden! I’m pretty sure we always pick here because we want to eat “light and healthy” and with soup and salad your set…right! Well wrong for me because I say bring on the bread sticks and keep them flowing and make sure my alfredo boat is always full!!!
Now with the temperatures dropping and snow falling it makes me want to eat soup and I always enjoy making soup for dinner. Especially cause it is so easy to make and its usually low fat and very filing. Except if you have bread and alfredo sauce!
I got this recipe Pasta E Fagioli recipe of of Pinterest and I forgot which blog so I apologize but I promise you all love this recipe!
Now if I can only master that alfredo sauce I would never have to go out to eat ever again.
Don’t you just love all the color! I figure the more colors in a meal the healthier it must be!
- 1 pound sausage or hamburger, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (8oz) cans tomato sauce I did add 1 el pato tomato sauce to add some spiciness
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans,drained and rinsed
- Cook beef or sausage in pan with onion until done, draining fat. In the same pot add all other ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes until noodles are tender and done.
- I browned my meat and added everything into the crockpot except for the noodles and I let it cook on low for 2-3 hours and I added the noodles about 45 minutes prior to eating.