Ever find yourself in your kitchen with over ripened banana’s? We eat a lot of banana’s in our house but sometimes we just aren’t able to eat them all. So instead of me just throwing them away. I was going to make my usual banana bread but then I thought why not give this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread a try instead. I’m huge fan of banana bread and I thought the added cinnamon layer would be a great an addition.
Well I was right, this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread was far better then I ever expected. Plus it is one of those recipe that are so easy to make.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed and ripened
- ⅓ cup yogurt, I was Greek Gods Greek Honey
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugars until creamed together. Add in beaten eggs and vanilla until combined. Next add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and mashed bananas until combined together.
- In a small bowl add sugars and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In a well sprayed loaf pan add ⅓ of batter sprinkle with ½ of sugar mixture, lightly swirling with spoon. Repeat layers until remaining batter is used. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes then remove from pan until completely cooled.
I personally think a great slice of Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread or any kind of bread for that matter needs a nice thin layer of butter! Wouldn’t you all agree?
Looking for some more over ripened banana recipes, Give these all a try!!