Don’t you just hate when you have something planned for dinner and then at the last minute you are basically missing the main ingredient. Yup, this happened the other night while I was making chicken fajitas. I was making one of our favorite meals just to be missing tortillas!! So I had to resort to something because everything else was now cooked and ready to be eaten.
Lucky for me dinner was saved!! I decided to create a something a little bit different but equally as tasty. My new favorite recipe of Chicken Fajita Pasta will be added into the book of my recipes! It had the amazing flavor of fajitas but you could enjoy them with a fork instead.
Chicken Fajita Pasta is so simple and so easy to make!
All you need to do is cut up your chicken and peppers! Oh man I love bell peppers!!
Cook on the stove top until chicken is done and and then add on peppers until tender.
Add in cooked noodles and a few extra shakes of fajita seasoning and cream.
And Ta-Da!!! Dinner is served!
But don’t forget to add on some cheddar cheese and cilantro to complete the meal!
- 2-3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 box penne noodles
- 2 Tbsp fajita seasoning or taco seasoning
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro, optional
- In as saucepan warm up oil. Add in chicken and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of Fajita seasoning on top. In the meantime cook your noodles according to box. When chicken is done add in peppers and onion until lightly tender. Add in cooked noodles, cream and additional 1 Tbsp of fajita seasoning (more depending on taste) and stir until creamy and flavors are mixed well. When done add on some cheddar cheese and top with cilantro.