I love this time of year! I love the crispness in the air, the slighly chilly mornings which reminds me that Fall is right around the corner.
This time of year all I want to do is eat and bake and then eat some more. It’s also the perfect time for apples, and when I think of apples I like to think of a caramel apple. Well lately I have been craving a good caramel apple. Of course I don’t really know where to get a good caramel apple here in the city with out paying an arm and leg for it. So most of the time I just get those yummy Kraft caramel squares and melt them and endulge in the yumminess. Well not this time, this time around I decided to bust out my family recipe for caramel dipping sauce.
This sauce is my favorite and I don’t know why I haven’t made it until now. I may or may not have been caught eating this with a spoon
- 1 cup Butter
- 2¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- dash of salt
- Melt Butter in heavy saucepan, add brown sugar and salt, stirring thoroughly
- Stir in corn syrup and mix well. Gradually add condensed milk, stirring constantly until smooth (don't shortcut on the mixing as it can cause it to be grainy).
- Cook over medium heat to 245º (about 15 minutes). Use a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve with apples, pears, and bananas. Can be kept warm in a crockpot on warm or low. If it starts to get thick, just add a little milk. Store in an airtight container in fridge up to 30 days.
Bloggers Digest Creative Wednesdays Sugar and Dots Gooseberry Patch Recipes Moonlight and Mason Jars Kitchen Meets Girl Polkadots on Parade Rock and Share Riverton Housewives Show and Share Whatever Wednesdays Creative Princess Wine’d down Wednesday Whatsits Wow Me Wednesdays Sugar Spice & Everything Nice Sweet Wednesday Two girls and a party What’s Cookin Wednesday Whimsy Wednesday Wonderful WednesdaA Crafty Soiree Blog Strut Create It Thursday Crafty Thursday Obsession Full Plate Thursday One More Time Whats cooking love Show your Stuff Show Off Your Stuff Weekend Creative Weekend Retreat Thursday Treasures Think Tank Thursday A peek into my paradise Best of Weekend Crafty Friday Frenzy Fabulous Friday Blog Hop Flaunt it Friday Friday Favorite Foodie Friends Friday Freedom Fridays Friday Follow Along Fun Friday blog hop Kitchen fun Pin Junkie TGIF BLOG HOP TGIF Link Party Weekend Potluck What’s shakin Family Fun Friday