I have officially decided that I love Chinese food, I also decided that I don’t attempt to make enough Chinese dishes. One of my all time favorite Chinese meals is beef and broccoli. I don’t know what it is but the flavors together are great, with the crisp bite broccoli. I thought this dish was fantastic and it was so easy to throw together.
Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (divided)
- ½ cup water, plus 2 Tbsp water (divided)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless steak, cut into thin 3 inch strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp water and garlic powder and stir until combined. Add in beef till covered. In a skillet add the oil and steak and cook until no longer red and remove from heat. In remaining oil add in onion and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Return beef to pan. In a bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water and stir until smooth. Add sauce to beef and veggies and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with white rice or my Fried Rice