I remember as a little girl coming home from school and looking in the pantry for snack. Often times I would grab a Quaker Chewy Granola Bar. The other day my little one was looking for a snack in the pantry and I wished we had some granola bars to munch on. I got to searching online I found a few different recipes. I liked what one had that other didn’t so I sort of made my own concoction. So ladies and and gents I would like to introduce these No Bake Granola Bars. They were a huge hit with me and my hubby and even little man liked his first tastes of granola bars. These No Bake Granola Bars and exactly what they say. They required no baking and I had them ready in 5 minutes and ready to eat in 15 minutes.
They remind me a lot of the no bake cookies, but I personally think these are so much better. So move over No Bake Cookies there is a new No Bake Granola Bar in town!! Since I made these last week I already made another batch for us to enjoy.
The great about these No Bake Granola Bar’s is you can make these bars as big or as small as you would like. I know my little 1 year old will eat two to four bites and be done with it. So I made some small bite size bites and some longer ones for me and the hubs to enjoy. I wrapped mine up individually in plastic wrap for easy to grab access to toss into lunches or into the diaper bag.
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1.5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ cup Corn Syrup or Honey
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini M&M's optional
- In a mixing bowl add quick oats and rice krispies into a bowl. In a medium sized saucepan add corn syrup, peanut butter, brown sugar and butter together. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add in vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool for 3-5 minutes. Add sauce on top of cereal and mix until combined. Add mini chocolate chips and stir. Add mini M&M's on top and lightly press down. Once cooled cut into squares and wrap or seal in container.
I tried both corn syrup and honey and I personally like corn syrup better