While I was at the grocery store a few days ago I happened to walk past the strawberries. The strawberries had an amazing smell. The kind of aroma you just know they are going to toast good! Well I was right and the 2 year old gobbled them up..he couldn’t get enough. Since we had such great strawberries in the house I want to make a yummy dessert to go along with dinner. So I whipped up a box of angel food cake. Dessert was amazing and we all enjoyed it.
So, now it is Sunday morning and getting ready to make french toast for the family when I realize I have no bread….crap! Now what! So I thought why not make Angel Food Cake French Toast. Its kind of like bread in a way…im sure it will taste just fine!
It was amazing! My husband said he now prefers this kind of french toast from now on. Instead of using the traditional syrup on top I added on some fresh strawberries and some whipped cream to complete it.
- 1 box of Angel food Cake, prepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp milk
- whipping cream
- 1 lb strawberries, washed and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- Follow instructions for Angel Food Cake according to instructions. I baked mine in loaf pans.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Slice Angel Food Cake into ¾" slices. Dip slices into egg mixture. Cook on griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut strawberries into slices and sugar. Place in food processor until pureed.
- Pour strawberry mixture on top of french toast. Add extra cut up strawberries if wanted. Add whipped cream on top.