This Red Wine Cherry Sangria is the perfect way to ring in the new year! Fruit, wine, and cherry juice combine to make a fun and festive beverage.
We’re only a few days away from the start of 2015! I’ll be ringing in the new year at home with my husband and two little kiddos. I hope you all have fun plans, doing whatever it is that makes you happy. Whether you’re staying home or joining friends for a party, this Red Wine Cherry Sangria is a great way to toast the start of the new year. This recipe is simple, beautiful, and delicious. Happy New Year!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle red wine (I used pinot noir)
- 1 cup cherry juice (not tart)
- 2 cups frozen sweet cherries
- 1 apple or pear, chopped
- ½ orange, sliced
- Start by making a simple syrup: combine sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for several minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large pitcher. Add simple syrup to taste. Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve over ice, if desired.
This recipe was contributed by Allison from Celebrating Sweets